Chapter 28 - She doesn't have time for a Bimbo

Katherine hugged Stefan a little too long for Kara's liking but she shrugged it off and turned her concentration back to the kids.

She had greeted her nicely, she had given her the best smile she got, she had organising her food and drink. Kara thought she showed her kindness to her a little too much already and now she just wanted to have fun.

"I am here to see your parents, where are they?" Katherine asked Stefan after greeted everyone else including Theo. They were now sitting alone on one of the empty table just closer to the wall.

"They are in Greece, visiting family." Stefan answered shortly, his eyes kept checking on his wife, worrying that she would be upset again but he was wrong. Kara didn't give a damn about that woman anymore. She was laughing with the kids and the wives who sat around the long table.

"Kara," Melissa called her.

"Hey Melissa. Where have you been? You just disappeared." Kara smiled widely at her.

"Just went inside the house for a bit to talk to the maids." She replied and sat next to Kara. Her hands were busy moving some meats and salad onto her plate and started digging in.

"Kara, can you get me some drink?" Stefan yelled from afar, he raised his hand up as if he was calling for a waitress.

"In a minute." Kara replied.

"Kara." Melissa called again after swallowed her food, "I am sorry about inviting Katherine to every party we got. It's just.... Oh how do I say it. She was my best friend back in school. Then she got engaged to Stefan. And she left, and now she is back saying that she regrets it all and wants to be my friend again.... I......"

"Oh Honey, don't worry about it okay? I am fine. We are all friends here and it's a good thing that you get your friend back..." Kara circled Melissa's shoulders with her hands and squished her tightly.

"Thank you." Melissa rested her temple on Kara's and both of them smiling.

"So, what happen to them actually?" Kara asked.

"Katherine was cheating on him." Melissa sighed.

"What?!"

"I feel like I am a bad sister for still hanging out with her. All Stefan did when they broke up was just telling everyone that she changed her mind, nothing more. Not even grandpa knew what was truly happening."

Kara went quiet. It must be hard for Stefan seeing Katherine again, and god, she had no idea how he could still talked to Katherine and called her friend.

"Kara baby...." Stefan yelled again.

"Relax will you. Do you want me to break your hand?" Kara yelled back loudly, loosing all her sympathy.

"Atta girl," Theo came and sat in front of her. "He is drunk you know that?"

"Already?"

"Yes, already. Don't let him jump into the pool." Theo took a sausage with his hand and started munching.

"Well okay, I'll have to bring my man some more drink or he will yell at me again." Kara stood up and walked to the bar fridge just below the barbeque machine to pick up two bottle of beer and a can of coke and walked up to Stefan and Katherine.

"Here you go." she stood next to him and gave him the coke and he looked up to her with disapproving look.

"Why?" he groaned.

"Because I said so." She sat next to him before giving one bottle to Katherine. She then drank from another bottle.

Katherine laughed at how Kara sounded like a mom to her kid rather than a wife.