Chapter 35 - Brief Encounter

As I said earlier in the AUTHOR NOTES, I was thinking to extend the story.

I know chapter 34 supposed to be the end but instead of scrapping it all together, I am trying to work around it, so don't get confuse. I have to  reverse a little :)

Please read AUTHOR NOTES before you read this chapter. PLEASEEEEEEE.....

________________________

It was only in his mind.

He knew he was hallucinating. About her telling him how much she loved him. About her begging for another chance and agreeing to stay with him... it was all on his mind, it wasn't even real, nothing about it was real no matter how details it was. It was only his scenario that he played over and over again to ease his heartache.

He was in denial about the fact that they were no longer together. That he left her that night and made her cry, that he was still divorcing her and that he had to keep his promise to Joseph, to sacrifice his love so that Kara could have Indigo Pharma. That was the fact that he still had a hard time to accept.

Stefan blinked away his fantasy and shifted his eyes from Kara, his soon to be ex-wife that he still loved deeply till this day.

She stood not far from him, talking to some guests of the charity gala that they were invited to.

He regretted his attendance already. He knew she would be there and he thought he could handle it but apparently he couldn't. He lost his concentration as soon as he caught a glimpse of her slender body gliding across the room ten minutes ago, and since then he had been in trans, walking away from his group to stand alone in the corner, watching this beautiful creature interact with other guests.

She looked dazzling in her black cocktail dress. As always, her gorgeous neck framed perfectly by her chocolate hair that she wore down tonight, which was unusual. But she was still the most stunning woman in the room, no doubt about that.

Stefan had to admit that since Luke told him about her plan to go to US and left Indigo Pharma, he was ready to beg her to stay and take him back but seemed that she changed her mind. According to his source, Kara was back in control of Indigo Pharma and worked even harder for it.

And despite of Melissa's visit last month, telling him about how Kara felt about him, he couldn't just change his mind and crawling back to her.

He had promised Joseph to end their relationship.

He couldn't deny that he wanted her back to so badly, but he knew her true love was for Indigo Pharma and not him. And he proofed himself to be right, Kara was clinging on another man's arm right now, a handsome man that seemed to be smitten by her.

Who wouldn't? Stefan chuckled softly.

Those brown eyes and the mesmerising smile of her could bring any man down in a split second and sure that man wasn't immune to her charm either. Talking about being a witch, Stefan almost believed that she could really cast a spell to bind a man she desired into her arm anytime she wanted it.

So much for trying to withdraw his attention from her, his eyes went back to gaze at Kara and his heart skipped a beat when those gorgeous brown eyes met him.

She smiled.... And he had to smile back.

And darn it!

She let go of her man's arm and walked toward Stefan.

He was contemplating of running away from her but it would look silly, wouldn't it?

No! He couldn't!