Hatred

Hazel Pov

I glance at Emily as I discuss things with our social worker Kathryn who thinks its in our best interest to at least try an get along with my Father Darren Luther, his wife Nicole Luther and their children, 19 year old Olivia Luther and 17 year old Caleb Luther, they were 3 and 1 when their Father had his affair, I doubt they even knew until now what their Father has done.

We arrive at the pack house, Emily who's just recently turned 13 years old clung to my arm as we exit the car and Kathryn knocks on the front door, a women opens it an we were told to follow her until entering a room, perched at a desk a man sat tense as I keep Emily close, the women was giving me looks that made my stomach twist.

After Kathryn and my Father discus arrangements she leaves as Nicole Luther shows us to our rooms, I place my things on the bed before quickly going to my sister who I found sitting on her bed in silence "Emily, everything is going to be fine" I said softly as I sit beside her "how is any of this fine" She says croakily "its not, I said its going to be, that's a promise" I said an kiss her head as I wrap my arm around her.

A knock on the door made us share a look before I stand up an open it to see my Father standing straight with a fierce look upon his face "its dinner" He says in a hard tone before walking away "Emily, come on" I said softly an we walk down stairs and into the kitchen, it seemed like everyone had turned to glare as we sit down, I felt all the hatred, I could hear their whispers and felt like screaming.

"Why aren't you girls eating?" Nicole asks narrowing her beady little eyes at us "Emily feels sick and I don't eat this garbage" I said gesturing to all the meat and not one bit of vegetables or anything for vegetarians "your a wolf, wolves eat meat" A girl says in a duh voice "well not me" I said rolling my eyes "Hazel, Emily, eat or go to your rooms, your choice" Father says sternly.

"Fine come on Em" I said standing up, she stands up "Emily can speak for herself" Nicole snapped, that little bitch! "she doesn't talk much" I said growling lowly as Emily clings to my arm "why not?" A guy asks snorting "she has a speech disorder" I said before we leave the kitchen.

I stayed with Emily in her room until she fell asleep before going to my room, I unpack my things as thoughts run through my head, I suffer from Insomnia so I rarely ever sleep, for those of you who don't know what Insomnia is well its like a kind of torture, the inability to sleep, so while the world is fast asleep you're up all alone, your mind is buzzing with every random thought in the universe or sometimes your mind is just blank and you'll become more aware of the silence and realise just how alone you really are.

I sigh sitting on the couch, my new room is a light blue colour, the ceiling is white though, the carpet is also blue, the bed is a bunk bed but only the top is a bed, the bottom half is a small couch and a shelf with a t.v on it, and also three draws underneath the shelf. A white wooden desk in the corner with a neat pile of books on it, an egg desk chair, a large wardrobe and another couch, a larger one and it was blue with cushions on it.

It was right against the window and the was no back, I sit on it, I lean against the wall as I stare out the window for hours until I finely dosed off...