The Note

Hazel Pov

'Dear Hazel,

I know you're probably wondering why I never told you this, I know if you're reading this then that probably means I'm dead, the truth is I had found out not long ago that my body was dangerously ill and the pack doctor told me that I will die soon, that is why I wanted to make things right between us before I pass away, I never wanted your beautiful mother to leave, I know I've hurt you so much but I hope you know that I love you my beautiful daughter

Love, Dad'

I have re-read this letter so many times an I haven't been able to do it without crying, my Dad passed away in his sleep two nights ago, he had a rare heart disease that no one knew about except for the pack doctor who was sworn to secrecy.. I can't believe my Dad is dead.. he'll never be able to meet the baby now.. I'll never be able to get his advice or hug him anymore.. why must this world be so unfair.

Jack has been trying to cheer me up but I can't seem to find the strength to talk about how I've been feeling, I struggle to eat or shower, I can barely get out of bed in the morning but I do, just because he's gone doesn't mean life has stopped.. I have to move forward. Emily tried to comfort me but he wasn't her Father so his death didn't faze her, I know Caleb isn't doing well either but he will be ok and so will I.

People die everyday.. and the world still goes on, as much as I hate not being able to say some things to my Father that I wish I had said, I suppose that's the reason why I feel so empty, all those unspoken words and all of the memories between my Father & I.. I don't know what to do anymore, how can I fix myself?... I refuse to be a burden on anyone.. my problems are my own.. I just have to figure out how to pretend I'm doing better when I'm not.. I have to try an be strong for Jack & the baby.

I sigh placing my hand on my stomach "I will never let anything happen to you, my baby" I say softly as tears roll down my cheeks. Jack is asleep beside me.. he tries to stay awake for me but he's exhausted so I try not to wake him up, I just hope I can get some sleep soon... I'm so exhausted. I don't know what I'm doing anymore, I feel so fucking empty and alone, I don't know how much longer I can take this. I want the best life for my unborn child but I'm struggling to even take care of myself.. I'm going to be a horrible mother.

"Hazel, you need to get some sleep" Jack murmurs tiredly as he places his hand on my leg, I sigh laying down "cuddle?" I ask softly as I roll onto my side, I smile as his arm snakes around my waist and he pulls me close so my back was pressed against his chest as I close my eyes...