Bad Date

Emily Pov

I walk into class with my friend Carrie, she nudges me "that's my cousin" She says smirking at the new guy who see's us gawking "hi Carrie" He says rolling his eyes "hey Jason, Emily and I will sit with you" Carrie says perkily as she forces me to sit down "clustafuck" I grumble as I remember I didn't do my homework "what?" Jason says raising an eyebrow "nothing" I said sheepishly.

"You didn't do your homework, did you?" Carrie says smirking because I say it every time I forget or don't do my homework "nope" I said cheekily "have fun in detention" She says amused "can I see yours?" I ask hiding a smirk, she does and Jason smirks at me when I rip her homework up "same to you" I said laughing as she stares at her ripped up homework with her jaw dropped.

"You bitch" She says glaring at him "come on, you should know me by now" I said rolling my eyes "sadly, hey so is your Aunt gonna let you sleepover tonight or not" Carrie asks pouting "she said I could but I gotta wake up early, I'm visiting my sister tomorrow" I said excitedly "why don't you live with your sister?" Jason asks giving me a weird look "not all siblings live together" I said defensively.

"She doesn't like talking about it" Carrie says elbowing his ribs "sorry" Jason says sheepishly and we did our work. The day went by pretty quickly an I got asked out by Bryan Turner who's on the guys basketball team, he said he'll pick me up at 6. I walk to Carrie's with her & Jason who wanted to make sure we got to Carrie's safe, I shiver at the freezing cold breeze "here take this before you catch a cold" Jason says taking off his jacket and wrapping it over my shoulders.

I smile at him an notice Carrie smirking as Jason smiled back, we soon reach her house and I gave him back his jacket once we got inside "alright well I'm going home, bye Carrie, bye Emily" Jason says cheerfully "see ya loser" Carrie says walking into the living room "bye Jason" I said said as he left an I shut the door.

I walk into the living room and stayed for abit before I walk home an started getting ready for my date, I sit on the stairs messaging Hazel and saw it was 6:39pm, I was about to go back to my room when someone knocks on the door, I open it "hurry up" Bryan says impatiently so I forgot my jacket, we got into his Dad's car, he's Dad drove us to the movie theatre.

Bryan makes me watch a stupid comedy movie that was so boring, he's laugh was starting to annoy me, I was glad when the movie ended. We walk to the cafe for milkshakes and on the way it was cold "its really cold tonight" I said shivering "well damn princess, I can't control the weather" He snorts rudely "I never said you could" I mutter and when we got to the cafe he made me pay for the milkshakes because he paid for the movie tickets, popcorn and drinks.

We barely talked as we drank, he's friends walk in and he ditched me so I left the cafe and started walking home. I walk past the park an saw someone sitting on the bench "Jason?" I ask raising an eyebrow, he looks up "hey have you been crying?" He asks frowning as I sat beside him "yeah but it's nothing, um so how come your here?" I ask curiously.

"I just needed some air, so I'm guessing your date didn't go very well" He says giving me a look "don't even ask, I should of known he was an asshole" I said bitterly as my hands & arms shake "jesus Emily, don't you own a jacket" He says taking his off an wrapping it around me "I'm forgetful" I said sheepishly "come on, I'll walk you home" He says standing up an holding his hand out.

I gently take it an he pulls me up and we start walking, he kept ahold of my hand "so are you sure your ok?" He asks genuinely concerned "yeah I'm fine" I said softly "Emily, its ok to be sad, everyone has bad dates" He says as we reach my house, I sit on the front porch an he sat down beside me "yeah but I'm not sad about that, I kind of just wish my sister was here right now" I said sighing.

He wraps his arm around me "why don't you live with her?" He asks softly "our parents passed away, were half sisters, her legal guardian is her real Dad so she lives with him and I live with my Aunt & cousins, I tried living with her & her Dad but it just didn't feel like home, neither does living here but its better I guess" I said miserably.

"Life gets better, my Mum passed away a few weeks ago and now I live with my Dad, step Mum and step sisters who are evil but you have to look on the bright side of things, for example today I got to meet you" He says smiling, I smile at him "why can't there be more guys like you" I said shaking my head "what can I say, I'm one of a kind" He grins cheekily.

"I better go inside, thanks for walking me home" I said standing up an handing him his jacket back "keep it, you'll probably need it again" He says smiling an kissed my cheek before I watch him walk away, I walk inside smiling as I hold his jacket in my hands, I went to my room and called Hazel telling her everything that happened today...