Battle In Which I Am Left With A Friend

"Seto, what a surprise. And you have friends. I wonder what it will be like if you just sit back, and watch?" Jel giggled and a rune appeared under our friend. The rune shot out shadow frost vines and made his arms and legs straight. Then there was a circle around him and his body was encased from the neck down in shadow frost. "Don't try breaking it- you will only infect yourself."

"Let him go!" Crys ran up and was about to strike her with a music note staff, but she disappeared.

"Again with the invisibility?" Phil groaned.

"Who said invisibility? I'm just hiding from view."

"Technically you will be hiding from the visible spectrum if you are invisible." Ren pointed out from behind us. "Arrgh!"

We looked back to see the kajet had infected Ren and as he struggled he dropped to the ground. He turned to stone. The enemy disappeared again. We started to move to the other end of the hall, wary of the fact she could be anywhere..

"Jel! This isn't right!" Seto yelled, still struggling a bit.

"I'm the one who is doing the right thing. Isn't it strange that you don't see it?"

"Zaros is only a king of evil!" Jel appeared in front of him and gave him a slap.

"Refer to him as King!" Jel yelled. "And that is not true. He is a good leader. Leader's have to make sacrifices."

"Maybe this is a sacrifice!" Piku yelled, aiming a knife at her back. He swung down and hit the shadow frost cage. The shadow frost quickly imprisoned his hands. He looked at us. "Run! I won't make it, but you can."

"Not if I can stop them!" Jel yelled, sending many strikes from mid-air. Luna dodged them as she ascended by the floating kajet. She got hit in the air, and turned to stone. But she didn't jump-for some reason she stayed where she was.

"Now that," Starra pointed to the frozen Luna, "is what you call a glitch."

"Never mind that, we need to run!" I grabbed her arm and we ran to the door. Phil fell behind, trying to cover us. I was left alone with Crys and Starra. I threw many fireballs at Jel, distracting her as we moved on through the doorway. Not a kill, but she won't disturb us. We were in a dark area, and only the spot by the door was lit up. Starra, Crys and I stayed close together, and the light spot moved with us.

"So who is next?"

"The two Doomscar lovebirds." Crys knew what we were thinking and went on. "Not Will and Alesha, I mean. Zel and Vin."

"Wait, so they are a couple now? How did you find that out?" Starra asked.

"It's complicated." A female voice said. Ahead of us was another light patch. Zel and Vin looked at us. Vin's white hair was pure white now and he had matching eyes. Zel's long hair and eyes matched Vin's. They practically were the same in look, except one was a girl and the other a boy. "Though I'm surprised she even is here. How are you doing it? Fighting off the pain of being an infected."

"Shut up." Crys yelled. She ran toward them, and they disappeared. She was left in the light. Why in the world do all of these mini-bosses use some form of ability that makes them not seen? Seriously, can't there be some change?

"You know, I really want to know why they even kept her alive." Vin mused aloud. "I wonder if Ren hasn't been told. He would've freaked out."

"He..doesn't know." Crys said.

"No wonder he doesn't." Vin's voice had a smirk to it. I really want to punch him. "Maybe if you come to the other side, we can help him calm down a bit."

"He's gone. He was turned to stone." I told them.

"Oh, that's too bad." Zel commented in a sickening tone. "I was going to enjoy fighting him. I actually came from the same town as him. It would be fun to break him mentally. I might've actually been able to lure him onto our side."

"I doubt it." Starra disagreed. Us three Rivercrest Rebels got together. I spotted the door.

"There it is." We sprinted toward the door. I could tell Crys stopped. "Crys?"

"I'll hold them off! You need to get the next room and defeat Zaros."

"Oh, look how loyal she is. Maybe she should've been in the Starbows instead of the Ravenfails."

"You really need to get a better name for us." Crys told her as Starra and I slipped into the next room. Starra turned to me.

"We need to go back for her."

"We will after this is done."