Date, Death, Retreat

Five hours and ten minutes later, in the main lobby.

"Ok, how in Virtua are we, in a fantasy world, about to get attacked from a powerful king, and still managed to have tuxedos and go on dates?" Dain wondered out loud, adjusting his dark purple tie. We were waiting in the lobby for the girls with Elver. We had planned to meet here, then go to a restaurant that Ren picked out. We found it while looking for Luna. We all had dates which was pretty cool, except I had a feeling that Crys and the rest of the Starbows were planning something behind our backs.

"That is actually a good question." Elver answered. "All I know is that Zav hacked the server."

"Zav?" I asked, needing clarification. "The stubborn, argumentative dwarf?"

"Wow, those are big words. And yes, him."

"That's pretty cool."

"Yeah. He said he planned to sleep through the whole thing."

"Nice." Dain and I said at the same time.

"Jinx!" The knight quickly said quickly.

"Snap." I replied. "Now what?"

"Simple, you have to dance at the restaurant tonight." I rolled my eyes.

"Of course that is what you pick."

"It's either that or you buy all our dinners, not just you and Starra's."

"Ok, I get it. I'll dance." Elver got a message.

"Get into positions, guys." He said. There were little strips of paint on the floor and we stood behind them. We looked up the staircase, waiting for whatever was going to happen. "May I present, Lady Nakita Ravenfury."

Naki appeared at the top of the stairs. She was wearing a dark, short-sleeved dress that went to mid-thigh. With it, she wore a matching leggings. She had black boots. Not surprising as she is now known as the one who has no mercy in fighting. Naki has also been known to forcefully refuse clothing. Her mood spots were cyan. I looked over at Phil and he was blushing so hard, I could kind of see it under his feathers. I hope tonight's date works out for all three of us.

"May I present, Captain Luna Starbow." As Naki stepped beside Dain, Luna appeared on the top of the showed up at the top of the stairs. She was wearing a blue necklace with a dress in a darker blue. The dress had leggings under it as well. Her boots were a navy blue. Glancing over at Dain, I noted his blush under his scales.

"And now, may I present to you three...five," Elver corrected himself then restarted. "May I present to you five First Lady Starra Ravenfury." On cue, Starra appeared at the top of the stairs. She was wearing a matching kind of dress as the other two had worn. The color scheme was yellow, with orange boots. Elver made us stand in front of the stairs and got a screenshot of us together. He messaged me a copy of the photo, as he messaged each of us a copy of it.

We went outside to our rides, which were carriages. The men would go first, so they could be 'polite gentlemen' as Ara, the Starbow dreno put it. Inside the boy carriage, Phil and I broke Dain out of his trance, which included him blushing and looking out of the window.

"Wh-what?"

"For a guy who can wear a suit of iron armor and wield a sword of a kiloton and kill several monsters at once, your weakness is very strange."

"What do you mean?"

"You were blushing like crazy after Luna came down."

"And you weren't for Naki?"

"I wasn't doing it as hardcore as you were." We hit a bump in the road. We talked a little about what the local cafe had to offer.

"Why is this taking so long?" Dain asked.