The Game's Begun

“...So, as you can see, this chemistry class will not be easy. It will demand high expectations. Especially from the other family groups other than that of Doomscar, because of the lack of time for questions. Speaking of questions, are there any now?” The room was silent. Mr. Saphiran had been droning on for an hour at least. Fortunately, there was only two classes left-the PE and the elective/free time. The server bell rang and we all filed out. We ran to our next class, or in actuality, the class portal. Captain had a different hub server, so she could hold all the mini-games at once and not mess with the actual server. We quickly equipped our battle suits and jumped into the portal. Captain Cyber was waiting for us.

“Line-Up! Boy-girl, Boy-girl! Form four lines! Doomscar in front, then Starbow, then Regalwind, then my family group!” She commanded. We moved into position. “Today we are going to start learning. What you learn in this class depends on the subject. Right now, we will learn about my version of VR Capture The Flag. There will be two teams. Open up the voting box I sent you. we are going to do some voting.”

I was about the fifth one who opened their box. I looked at the holoscreen in front of me as I was pushed into a chair. I pushed start. Time to go with my gut.

‘If you were voted a team captain, would you be ok with it?’

‘Yes, No, I would be surprised, Depends on my team’

‘Who do you want to be the team captains? Pick two’ There was a list of all the names.

‘Nakita Ravenfury, Vin Doomscar’

‘Out of these four, what do you want the symbols to be for the teams?’ One of the options was to draw your own. What was strange is that there was also a ‘surprise me’ button. I picked the one that had a raven with a bow, and a book with a scar.

‘Any team members you want to have?’

‘All of Ravenfury’ I chose the last answer and my box disappeared, pushing me to my fetcha. I looked up and saw a result box. Vin, Renato, Naki, and I were the most voted for team captains. Vin was probably going to get it, with Renato as his opponent. Nakita and I were most likely going to be second-in-commands. The icons for the teams didn’t change at all; the majority was. Soon all of the results were in, and the box went black. Captain Cyber had a holopad, and she looked at the results.

“The teams will be chosen by team captains. The team captains are Vin Doomscar and Dron Ravenfury. Please come forward.” We stepped into a line with her between us. Our battle suits had white lines on them, and they turned two different colors. Vin’s turned red, and mine turned blue.

“The colors are going to be red and blue. Random chooser will be used to tell us who will be picking team members first.” I got a pop-up. I chose second. Vin looked at me and smirked. He chose Naki. I chose Renato. We went back in forth. I ended up getting the rest of Ravenfury, and he got the rest of his family group. I picked Lupita. Vin chose Xavier, Yuki, and Araime. I chose Liana, Shiela, and Elver. Vin then chose Omar and Marisa, so I automatically got Alysia and Yajaira. When we chose the players, their white lines turned whatever color their team was going to be.

“Good. Now that we are separated into teams, I will share the objective of the game. The goal is getting the most amount of flags. Yes, I did just use the plural term. There will be a flag every five minutes. At that time, you will be able to get the flag for your team. If your health gets eliminated, then you will freeze in place. To revive a member of your team, you need a personal life point. Life points will regenerate every time you freeze someone. You may not use your life points to revive yourself, but you can use them to refill your health if it gets low enough. If you are revived, you will be back in the game and you will have full health. Your flag points will be in the left of your screen, by your health. It will be your color marking the number with a black background. If you see the colors switch, it means you can use a life point. This will happen if you are low on health or if you are near someone who is frozen.