Winning and Losing

The game had been going on for about an hour. Most of my side was looking to me for leadership, but when the going got tough, we looked at Ren. He is much more dependable than I am. The score was ten players to eleven, with 5 flags to 6 flags. We had the former of both. We still didn’t figure out how to get Naki back. She is very powerful though, and so we had to make sure to watch out for aerial attacks. Another thing we hadn't figured out yet was how to capture enemy players. Over the intercoms, one of our players, Elver, said the other team figured out how. I was alone and going solo, because Alin was frozen. I wasn’t able to heal him, but Ren was on his way. I turned a corner and saw stopped. There were two enemies wanting to go the same way.

A window popped up. ‘Do you want to automatically join hear any enemy player’s voice when they are within twenty fetcha?’ Why hadn’t it come up earlier? I have been playing for an hour, and it doesn’t come up until now? Oh well...

‘Yes.’ I heard a slight crackle before I could hear the players’ voices. One spoke first. She was female.

“So who is this?” The voice most likely belonged Vin’s female leader in Doomscar, Zelona Moket. In real life, she was a Kinog.

“Why do you care?” I answered.

“Oh, Dron Ravenfail? Shouldn’t you be out captaining the team by freezing yourself or something of that sort?”

“I see Doomscar has more than one snake, Zel.”

“Wiley, get him out of our way, please.”

“Why me?”

“Um, hello? Female Doomscar leader here!”

“More like Female Poison Snake leader.” I insulted. My mom had taught me how to insult intelligently. And the snake took the bait.

“You bloody moron!” She sped toward me and I dodged. Zel recovered before she hit the wall. I equipped my sword. Wiley charged and I slashed through him with my sword. He sustained no injury, but I know he took damage. Zel fired at my wheels and the bike fell. My right leg got trapped under it. The bike was heavy, and seeing that there was a wall right beside me, it wasn’t good. I kept my sword out and put it beside me. I struggled to lift the bike and move my leg at the same time. Zel rode up to me.

“Looks like the Ravenfail surely can fall, huh?”

“Yeah.” Wiley charged a laser gun. Zel put a hand on it before he could shoot.

“Let’s let the leader take care of him. I’m going to get him while you cover.”

“Okay.” She turned to me.

“And you, don’t move.” While Zel sped off, I resumed getting my leg out from under the bike. Wiley put the gun to the back of my head (I was looking and leaning away from him.) “What do you think you are doing?”

“Getting my leg from under it. I have nothing else to do.”

“You are not supposed to move!”

“I highly doubt me with my leg stuck under a bike will be helpful to Vin. He would want to battle me fairly. And wouldn’t it be more impressive that you are able to keep me at bay while I waited free?” The boy thought it over.

“You have a point…” Wow, he is very strong-willed...not. I got my leg out as an enemy aerial fighter was arriving. I could hear the girl’s voice as she landed.

“Vin says you need to help him locate this guy. While you go find him, I’ll stay with Dron.” I recognized the voice. Naki...

“Vin, is that true?” Silence. “Ok. Heading off now.”