Chapter 20

*EDITING PROCESS UNDWERWAY* PLEASE REFER TO CHAPTER 1

Chapter 20

We have cousins?! Ben and I never knew. We’ve always been told that family was too far away so we’d always speed the holidays with friends and neighbors. And when Mom always told us that we had relatives we’d always think just aunts and uncles- not cousins.

“We have cousins?!” Ben asked what I’m sure our cousins were thinking too.

“Yes”, Dad answered, “This is my brother, Richard, and his family. He is a vampire, also, and his wife is a witch. Destiny got the vampire genes and Joy got the witch ones.”

“Yes. Now girls how about you show them what you can do”, their mom said and then they nodded and stood up. Then they walked all the way to the far wall, said some things to each other, turned to face us and then began their little show.

First Destiny turned into a brown bat and started flying in front of Joy. Then Joy said some words I couldn’t hear and Destiny flew up higher in the air really fast and started flying at what looked like light speed around Joy. Joy quickly said some more words and then she started floating in mid air and all sorts of fireworks went off. Then Destiny landed and turned back into herself and Joy stopped the fireworks.

“Wow! That was so cool!” I said and then started clapping as they took their seats.

“Thanks. What can you guys do?” They both said at the same time and then Ben and I just froze.

What do we do now, Ben? I thought hard at him. Do we show them or not?

            “Umm… we can do a small act, right Mom, Dad?” Ben asked just as nerviest as I was.

            “Umm… Sure why not? They’re in the castle; they can do it in here, right Victor?” Mom asked a little nerviest too.

“Ahh… sure. Keep it short though kids. Supper’s almost ready.”

            “Okay, Dad”, I said and then ushered Ben over to the far wall.

            “What are we gonna do?!” I asked Ben hoping he’d have an idea.

            “I don’t know! Why don’t we just do flips or something?”

            “Sure. That will impress them. I can do that on a trampoline. Come on Ben. Think!”  I said and gave him a small hit I in the shoulder.

            “Ouch! Hey knock it off. I’m thinking”, Ben said grabbing his shoulder where I hit him.

            “Well good”, I said then started thinking too. “Hey I got an idea. Just follow my lead, kay?”

            “Kay”, He said and then we turned to face our audience.

            “Alright. We’re ready. So here… We… GO!” I said and then Ben and I started running forward, towards the table. Once we were about five yards from the table we jumped up and I had spread my wings and started flying while Ben turned into a bat.

            Then we flew really high and I got Ben to look at me then I moved my finger in a circle and he got the idea. Next he started circling around me really fast from below my feet to high above my head. Then I disappeared. While I wasn’t visible I swooped down and took my seat. Then Ben came and landed on his seat.

            “Thank You!” I said and then Ben turned back into himself and I reappeared, smiling. But what we got back from them was astonishment. They had their mouths hanging wide open and their eyes were staring at us like huge marbles.

            “Thanks kids”, Dad said and then a waiter came out and served us our dinner.