Chapter 22

*EDITING PROCESS UNDWERWAY* PLEASE REFER TO CHAPTER 1

Chapter 22

Well the next thing I knew we were standing inside the kitchen in our house on earth. God I was glad to be home. Everything looked so familiar and normal, the kitchen island, the windows, no chefs and cooks.  Jesus I never thought I’d never be so glad in my life. No strangers---that I know of...

“Wow. Nice necklace”, Monica said once she recognized our kitchen.

“Thanks. It’s new”, I said and then headed to the door and Ben and Monica followed me.

“So where are we going?” Monica asked as I opened the door.

“We want to have Ivy and Brenan over. They just left before I found you in my room the other day”, I said and then we started down the road to their house.

“Oh, them. I remember them. I saw you guys talking to them when I came in through your porch doors”, Monica said with a smile but then it turned to a confused look. “They’re from Galactia?”

“Nope”, I said with that “I-know-what-I’m-doing” sound in my voice as I "popped" the P in nope and plastered a smile on my face. “But before we heard about Galactia we didn’t know if we should tell them but we decided we could trust them and Mom and Dad think so too. We’ve know them since we were in preschool.”

“Oh.”

“So what are we going to do once we get back?” Ben asked once we had reached the coffee shop.

“Hey I know a good place! You guys like water parks?” Monica piped in.

“Yah!” Ben and I said with that sound in our voices that was like “Why wouldn’t we”.

“Well I know of the best, newest, and coolest place to go swimming in Galactia. The Magic Park!” Monica said excitedly. “It is so cool that they asked some witches and wizards to make their biggest waterslide turn invisible.  So all you see is the water and all the people sliding on it. No slide!”

“Sweet!” Ben said and then the next thing I knew we were their knocking on the door.

Well Mrs. Woods opened the door and invited us in and then Brendan came running down the stairs.

“Hey Mom who is it?” Brendan called from half way down the stairs. “Ivy get down here! Hannah and Ben are here! With a friend?”

“Coming!” I heard Ivy’s voice call from her room and then she came running down the stairs like a bullet. “Hannah! Ben!” Then she came over and hugged me carefully avoiding hurting my wings. “Hey you guys want to talk in my room or…?”

“Sure. Can our friend Monica join us?” I said motioning to Monica.

“Yah totally! C’mon!” Then we headed up to her room and once we were all in she locked the door and closed the curtains. Then we sat down on her bed but Monica stood up acting like she was ready to fight if Ivy somehow turned on us with a gun or something.

“Monica. You can lay off the magic and karate or whatever. We’re fine”, Ben said taking hold of her arm.

“You sure?”

“Yah totally. We’ve been here tons of times.”

“Hey so who’s the friend?”  Brendan piped up.

“You guys this is Monica. She’s just like us. Hey, Monica, can you show them?” I said and then Monica said “Sure.” And she opened up her six foot wing span.