Chapter 12

'Yeah, I liked it, you've no idea how much I wanted that, but I have Anna. This was one time!'

'One time?' I cry, 'if I knew that before I started! I don't want it to be one time! Do you always fuck everyone for one time and then leave her alone and go back to Anna? Then screw you!' Angrily I turn my back on him.

'Hailey wait,' he says. 

'D'you think it'll work? Between us...'

'You mean secretly? While your dating Anna?' 

'Never mind, that's not gonna work...' Alex mutters sadly.

'No, I think I wanna try! I just love you, Al. I wanna be with you and I don't care what you do with Anna.'

'Really? Isn't that hard for you?' Alex doesn't think he can have two girls at the same time.

'I wanna try,' I say and then he hugs me. His embrace makes me glow inside. I feel really warm.
'I found a place full of charms
A magic world in my baby's arms,' I sing.

'- A soft embrace like satin and lace, wondrous place,' Alex finishes the song. I smile at him.

'That's one of my favourite songs from you and Miles. Please go on singing, I love your voice.'

Alex sings. I lay with my head on his shoulder and he pulls me close to him. We stay there for a very long time. Sitting, singing cuddling, kissing, tickling, touching, talking, loving. It all feels so naturally, because we're friends since we were kids. It's not awkward, it's just like it has always been this way. Perfect. I close my eyes, listening to his deep low voice. I get goose bumps and feel amazing. In love. I want him to be mine. Our I wanna be his.

'Al, do you really love me?' I ask. I just need to know. Because I can't remember he told me. I mean, he often says it but that's like a friend. I wanna know if he's in love with me. It's just too hard to believe he is, I guess.

'Yes I do. I really love you too much. I shouldn't.'

'Don't say that. I know it's wrong what we're doing, but I've decided that this is what I want. Because I love you, and I wanna say that to you a hundred times more. Just love me, Al. It's our secret.' Alex takes my hand and presses a kiss on it.

'God damn, you're really too beautiful... In all ways.' I blush. He is so fucking sexy. And handsome and cute and just everything. He is perfect. I kiss him and rub his chest under his shirt. He giggles.

******

Today it's the third time in a row Alex and I skip school. School isn't important to me. After school I wanna be singer-songwriter, so I only need my guitar/piano and my voice. And Alex. Then my world's complete. Alex doesn't need school either. He's an amazing guitarist, he's so much better than me. And his songs are really great. I think he and Miles should show everyone how good they are. They are just too shy.

My parents come home, so I pretend to make my homework. 

'Hey darling, how was school?' My father asks. 

'Er... Fine...' I say, while I think about how I really have spend my day. I am so in love.

I go upstairs and sit down in the window. I see Alex behind his window. He is taking off his shirt. I wanna walk away, but something stops me. So I stand there, watching Alex taking off his clothes for taking a shower. My heart is pumping very fast. Why? I already saw him naked, why am I staring at him?

Oh my god, he is so beautiful. I wanna look at him for hours. His eyes find mine and he grins. Yeah, I can see that all from my room. He takes off his pants, while he watches me. I laugh. My lips say: 'I love you.' And I know he knows what I mean. He blows me a kiss and leaves the room.