Hood Princess: 18 (Road to redemption)

*Nika's POV*

The week was finally over and it was Saturday. I was sitting in my bed, thinking about how the day was gonna play out. Nana and Bibby coming to get me and I was nowhere near ready.

I got up and did all my hygiene shit. After I got out the shower, I put on some white jeans, a white t shirt and my legend blue 11's. I put a blue, white and black plaid flannel around my waist. I put my hair in a neat ponytail. I was fucking popping like always 😌

I grabbed my black MK purse and went downstairs. My mom was already gone and didn't cook not a lick of breakfast with her ornery ass.

I heard a honk outside. I grabbed my house key and ran out there. I jumped in Bibby backseat cause Nana bald headed ass was in the front. "Wassup y'all" I said.

"Why you tryna be cute with this all white" Nana said. I smacked my lips. "Why you tryna be ugly with yo nappy ass hair" I said. She laughed. "Bitch shut up I'm getting it done tomorrow"

I looked at my phone and I had a text from a unknown number.

I ignored it as we pulled up to Herb apartment. He was dumb close to Santana, like two blocks. That was great for me.

I was preparing myself to argue, although I didn't want to. The situation was serious to both of us, I almost died over this shit. It was my own fault but it got out of hand.

"You good?" Bibby asked as we approached Herb door. I nodded and Nana knocked. A few seconds passed and the door flung open. There stood Herb, looking just like Moms. I hadn't seen him in weeks and it weird but I missed his much.

Soon as we made eye contact we just ran into each other arms. I almost cried but I told myself I was gone hold my tears today. "I missed you sis" he said. "I missed you too! I'm sorry" I said as we both pulled away.

He pulled me into the apartment and Bibby and Nana followed. It was nice as hell too and was a good size. We all went and sat on the couches.

Herb and Bibby on one couch, me and Nana on the other. We were all facing each other.

"I been trying to think of what I was gonna say to you, but I've told you the whole truth and there's nothing left to say but sorry, I apologize for communicating with Trinity, for leading you to try to kill yoself, for the fight, everything! I should've been playing my part as yo brother and not try to get in yo business, I really am sorry" he said. I quickly wiped away the tears before they could fall. No crying.

"Herb I'm so tired of hearing sorry from everybody about everything they've done to me, that word makes me sick, I know that your sorry you don't have to tell me, I'm just as sorry as you because if it weren't for me it wouldn't have went that far, I forgive you for everything and I hope you forgive me too, this shit is petty and ridiculous we are brother and sister and we gotta be there for each other no matter what, nobody got us like we got us bro" I said. He nodded and stood up. I got up too.

"So we can drop this shit and go back to being Lil Herbo and Lil Lil Herbo?" He asked. I nodded and we hugged again.

"YAS IM SO GLAD THATS OUT THE DAYUM WAY!" Nana got up and yelled. I laughed. She kissed Herb and I damn near threw up. Ugly asses.

"bitch quit hating" she said. I scoffed. "Girl bye" I said.

"So how you been holding up? I hope you doing better with the Chris thing" herb said. I sighed.

"I've been doing a lot better, but I still gotta take it one day at a time cause this shit not easy, I can't lose nobody else or Ima lose my damn self" I said. "You good G, I know that shit hurt I then lost so many of my niggas, but we good sis we both gone be good at the end of the day" he said. I nodded.