Chapter 2

Mitch's pov

Six months later

It's been six months and Travis and I have hardly even talked about the wedding. I understand that these things take a long time to plan but they take even longer when your fiancé doesn't talk to you about it. I'm starting to worry that he doesn't really want to get married. I know he proposed to me but it still feels like he doesn't want this. I love him and I want this to happen. If he called it off I don't know what I would do. There's only one other person I would rather be with. But we would never be able to get together. Too risky. We've been friends since we were 10. That's like 12 years of friendship. Imagine if that ended bad. My best friend could end up hurt because of me and what if we weren't friends. As I said, too risky. Right now I just need to think about the wedding. I just feel like he's got something going on that I don't know about.

Travis is at work right now so he isn't home. I know snooping is wrong and you need to trust your partner but he's been really weird lately. I just want to know if something is wrong. I get up from the couch and head to our room. I look through his drawers and through the closet. My music was blaring so I didn't hear Travis walk in the front door. I guess walking in on your fiancé searching through your stuff doesn't look too good. "Mitch?" I freeze when I hear him.

"Yeah babe?" I try to sound casual but it didn't work too well.

"Whatcha looking for?"

"Uhm. Nothing." I turn around to face him.

"Mitchell. Don't lie to me. Just tell me what you were looking for." he looked at me like I had done something horrific.

That's when I broke down. I started crying and I fell down on the bed. "I'm sorry! I'm so sorry Travis. It's just that- you know- I-" Look at me. I'm a mess. I can't even speak properly.

"Mitch, honey. It's okay. I just want to know why you were looking through my stuff." He took me in his arms and hugged me. I cried into his shirt. I don't even know why I'm crying... Am I scared of him or something?

"It's just that you've been acting different lately and I wanted to make sure that you were okay. I just thought you might be hiding  somethi-" he cut me off. He let me go from our hug.

"Don't you trust me?" He wasn't yelling or even raising his voice. He sounded disappointed. Being the idiot I am, I didn't answer. I didn't want to make it worse by talking but I ended up making it worse anyways. He looked me straight in the eyes and waited another second for my answer but I didn't say a thing, not one word. He stood up and from the bed and walked straight out the front door. I could've gone after him and chased him down the hallway before he could leave the apartment complex but I didn't. I just laid there in our bed staring at the ceiling and crying like a baby.

What have I done.