Chapter 4

Scott's pov

I woke up with Mitch in my arms. We were laying on the couch. We must've fallen asleep last night while we were watching Spongebob. Mitch was a cute sleeper. He really was. I could lay there all day cuddling with him. I grabbed my phone and scrolled through all the social media apps I have. Mitch still wasn't awake so I decided to just let him sleep while I cook some breakfast for the two of us. I shifted awkwardly trying to get out from under Mitch without waking him. I walk over to the kitchen and rummage through the fridge and pantry trying to find something Mitch would like. I settled on pancakes, eggs and bacon. I was cooking the bacon when I felt a pair of arms wrap around my torso. "Please tell me that's bacon." I laughed at him, that boy really does like his bacon.

"Oh. I didn't think you would want any of MY bacon." I joked. He just rolled his eyes and punched my arm. "Ow!" I yelled, "Fine I'll share but please don't beat me up!" I said sarcastically. He laughed and grabbed a glass of water and the bottle of Advil. "What do you need that for?" I asked.

"Scott. I basically drank that entire bottle of wine and some beer by myself last night." I glanced over to the couch and saw the empty wine bottle accompanied by 4 bottles of beer, only 1 of those bottles were mine.

We sat back down on the couch and turned on the tv for some cartoons while we ate our breakfast. Like 5 minutes after we started an episode of Family Guy, we heard a key turning the lock at the front door. Mitch and I exchanged glances and we got up and walked over to the door. Right before we got there, the door flung open and Travis stood there in the doorway. He looked at me then over to Mitch and back to me. I quickly glanced at Mitch and he didn't look all that happy that Travis was back, but he didn't look angry either. Travis walked in and stared at me. He didn't look over to Mitch again, just at me. He looked angry. Should I say something? Stand up for Mitch? Tell him he was being over emotional? My thoughts were interrupted by Travis talking. "Scott. Leave."

"What?"

"I SAID LEAVE!" He screamed. I glanced over to a scared looking Mitch.

"Why?"

"BECAUSE THIS IS MY APARTMENT. NOT YOURS!" This was stupid. He was yelling at me for being there for his fiancé while he was out being a baby. I wasn't gonna take this from him.

"No." One word. One simple word.

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN NO?! I TOLD YOU TO GET OUT!"

I didn't feel like losing it. I wasn't going to be a child about this. "I'm not leaving Travis. I am staying here because you aren't in a good state of mind right now and you already hurt Mitch emotionally, I won't let it get any worse than that." That's when Travis lost his shit. He dove at me and knocked me to the ground, he punched me right in the jaw and once again in the nose. I pushed him off of me and stood up, I picked him up by the collar of his shirt and had my hand in a fist. I was about to smash his face in but I heard someone scream. It wasn't Travis, I was looking straight at him and he didn't say a word. Mitch. It was Mitch. He was screaming at me, "NO SCOTT! PLEASE DON'T HURT HIM!" I don't understand why Mitch didn't want me to kill Travis, but I listened. I dropped Travis to the ground and walked out of the room and into the kitchen.

I heard them yelling and screaming at each other but I didn't want to listen. I just sat there, not doing anything. I heard a door slam and it was silent for a while. Mitch wandered into the kitchen and came over to me. He sat in the chair beside me and broke down. He started crying and yelling. I hated seeing him like this. I pulled him into a hug and let him cry into my chest until he was a out of tears. I looked down and his eyes were shut. I picked him up and carried him into his bedroom, laying him down on the bed. I put the blanket over him and started to walk out when he grabbed my wrist. I stopped and turned to see his bloodshot eyes and red face peeking out from under the blanket, all he said to me was, "stay with me."