Chapter 37

Mitch's pov

I opened my eyes and it was bright. The light was blinding so I shielded my eyes. I managed to stand up and I began walking around to figure out what was happening. The light started getting dimmer so it was easier to see. "Hello?" I called out but received no answer. I wandered around aimlessly for a few more minutes before I found someone. I looked at them and smiled at the sight.

"Hi Mitchell."

"Hi grandma." I walked over and wrapped my arms around her. When I let go, I asked her a question, "where am I?"

"Think about it Mitch."

"Well the last place I was would have been the hospital..." My voice quieted at the end of my sentence when I started piecing things together. "Am I dead?" She nodded her head slowly and hugged me again when I started to cry.

"It's okay baby, don't worry."

"When? I was just talking to Scott and Kirstie. I was telling them- oh. I was telling them goodbye." I sat down and put my head in my hands.

"It's been 2 days since you passed away."

"2 days? How's Scott handling it?"

"Why don't you take a look for yourself." My grandma pointed towards a staircase that led up. I walked over to it, and started running up.

I was on some sort of platform and the only other thing on it with me, was a frame. It was just an empty frame but I walked towards it to see if there was anything special about it. Once I got close to it, a black screen appeared with a text box and a keyboard. I typed in 'Scott Hoying' and pressed enter. Some random guy popped up on the screen and I was confused so I looked around the screen until I found an arrow in the bottom corner. I pressed it and the random guy was replaced with a little baby boy. I pressed the arrow again and again until the Scott I was looking for came up on the screen. He was laying in my bed, asleep. I smiled at the sight. I looked around the screen and found a rewind button that I decided to press. It brought me back to 2 days ago, right after I closed my eyes. He was sitting there, tears streaming down his face, holding my hand. "Not possible." He said after I told him that I loved him more than he loved me. All the sudden, he was yelling at me to get up. Seeing this made me cry a bit. Then he was being dragged out of the room by 2 guys much stronger looking than him, he was still kicking and screaming, saying that he needed to stay with me... even though he knew I was dead. The events from the past couple days played out on the screen, causing me to cry a lot but also smile and laugh a lot. Jeremy and Kirstie were a blessing, I'm not too sure Scott would've handled everything as good as he did without them there and I was grateful that they came through. I remember telling Kirstie that she had to be there for Scott and she definitely was. After everything finished, it went back to Scott sleeping in my bed. I watched him finally get some rest and calm his nerves. I could sit here and watch him all day but I had some exploring to do in my new home and this frame would always be here, I feel like I'm going to spend a lot of time in this spot anyways. I stood up again and started to walk away when I stopped in my tracks and turned back to the screen. I don't care if he hears me or not, it needs to be said.

"I love you Scott."