Chapter 28

Mitch's pov

I locked eyes with Travis and immediately turned to walk the other way. I was stopped when he grabbed my shoulder. I tried to stay composed and hold my ground. I turned around slowly and stared up at the tall boy's face. He smiled at me and softly said, "Hi."

"Hey." I said quietly.

"It's been a while."

"Yeah." I wish it could have been even longer since I had to see him again.

"I missed you." Oh no. I can't let him get to me, I'm with Scott and Travis hurt me. Remember that.

"I wish I could say the same."

"C'mon Mitchie-"

"Don't call me that."

"Don't be like this. What we had was amazing."

"You're right."

"See, you-"

"It was. But you ruined it Travis."

"I wasn't in a good mindset! I don't know what I was thinking."

"I don't know what you were think either but I know what I was thinking, and I haven't changed my mind about the topic so drop it."

I tried again to turn around and walk but I was stopped by Travis once again. He grabbed me and spun me around to face him. I looked at him, trying to hide my fear and keep my guard up. He pulled me closer, against my will, until our bodies were practically touching.

"Travis, stop. I don't want this."

I tried once more to get away from him but he held me tight. He was much stronger than me so I couldn't get out of his grip.

"Travis." I said again. "Let go."

We locked eyes for only a second before I looked away from him and down to the ground. He lightly held my chin and moved my face so we were looking each other in the eye. His glance moved down towards my lips then quickly shifted up towards the entrance when the bell indicating someone opening the door rang. I followed suit and looked up to see my boyfriend standing in the doorway looking at Travis and I standing together, our faces only inches apart. I pushed Travis off of me and started walking away from him and towards Scott.

"It was nice seeing you Mitchie!" Travis called after me, making Scott clench his fist. Travis then continued on with whatever he was doing, occasionally looking up at me.

I stood beside Scott who payed for the gas and didn't even look at me again until we got into the car again.

"Scott listen-" he interrupted me.

"I can't believe you Mitch."

"Scott I promise nothing happened."

"Well then tell me what the hell I just saw cause it sure as hell looked like something happened!" He said, his usually soft voice becoming more of a shout. It's very rare to see Scott angry and not super positive.

"He wouldn't stop harassing me Scott." I said, keeping my tone level.

"And it didn't look like you were doing much about that!" He was yelling now.

"He's so much stronger than me! What could I do?!" My voice started to raise at this point.

"At least try and get out instead of sitting there and letting him hold you like that! Mitch, I thought you hated his guts!"

"I do!"

"That sure didn't look like it!"

"I couldn't do anything about it." I said, my voice getting quieter again.

"Mitch."

"Yeah?"

"Please tell me you two didn't, you know?" His voice was soft and he sounded hurt now.

"Kiss?"

The colour drained from his face and he nodded slowly, keeping his eyes straight ahead, on the road.

"No, we didn't."

"You wouldn't lie to me."

"Scott I swear nothing happened."

"Okay." He said, his voice almost in audible by now.

After sitting in silence for a few minutes, I plugged the aux cord into my phone and played some music, so I wasn't forced to be alone with my thoughts. I couldn't get Scott's hurt look out of my head. The scene played over and over. I hated making Scott mad or upset, it hurt me. I just wish I could've stopped Travis.