Chapter 8

Mitch's pov

The door slammed shut as Travis stomped out of our- his apartment. I can't believe he was kicking me out. Is that even legal?

"So uhm you need a place to stay?" Scott had finally said something after like 3 minutes of us just standing there.

"I guess so." He nodded and smiled a bit, I could tell he really wanted me to move back in with him.

"I'll help you pack." He started walking to my closet. That's sweet of him.

"You know I have a week right? Plus I barely own anything here, most of the stuff is Travis' since you kept most of our stuff at your place."

"First of all, it's our place again, not just mine. And second of all why does that matter?" He asks while folding some clothes.

"We have plenty of time. Let's just start tomorrow."

"Sounds good. What you feel like doing?" What I wanted to say was never to be said out loud and I didn't feel like lounging around all day, I wanted to get rid of some anger, so I answered with something simple, something I never tried before.

"Ever been paint balling?"

Scott's pov

Mitch has never gone paint balling... Has he? He couldn't have, he's too gentle and that's a violent game. Plus I think it hurts, like a lot.
"No, I can't say I have."

"Same here. Looks like a lot of fun though."

"Looks painful to me."

"So what?" These words aren't coming from Mitch's mouth. Not the delicate little boy that I've known for so long.

"You really wanna do this?"

"Of course I do, everyone says it's a blast."

"Fine, we will leave in 15 minutes." I don't think Mitch realizes what paint balling is like. You're shooting people and getting shot. That hurts.

~~~

"Here we are." I glanced up at the big building, then over to Mitch. He didn't look as confident anymore. "You don't have to do this Mitchie, we can catch a movie."

"Dressed like this? You must be crazy." We were wearing some old sweatpants and T-shirts because we didn't want to ruin nice clothes. "Let's go."

We got out of the car and walked into the building. There were 6 little playing fields.. Is that what they're called? Whatever. We slowly walked in, taking everything in. We heard shots coming from the closest field so we walked over to check it out. There were obstacles and people on either side taking shots at each other. "Intense." Mitch mumbled.

"We can still leave."

"Scott stop being a child, we will be fine."

We got signed up and put on our mask then grabbed a gun. We were put in with 8 other people, 3 of them were on our team, 5 on the other. We set up behind barrels and waited for the sound of someone to yell go. When we heard it, we turned and started to fire. Mitch was right, this is kinda fun. Speaking of which, where is he? I stand up and peek over the barrels and see him about to turn a corner straight into someone on the other team. As he walks out, he gets nailed in the collar bone. He runs back to our side, and finds me. He's holding one hand over where he was hit and he was crying, not sobbing, just weeping. "It's okay Mitchie, I'll protect you."