Chapter 21

Scott's pov

I followed Mitch out the door to go get our daily intake of Starbucks once everyone else had left. It's not very far so we just walked, like we do nearly every day. The weather wasn't too great, dark clouds hinted at a rainstorm but since it isn't a far walk neither of us cared to put on a jacket or anything. We walked hand in hand and talked about lots of little things, nothing of any importance though. We got to Starbucks and ordered our usuals before sitting down at a table. I looked up at my boyfriend and smiled while he scrolled through his Twitter feed on his phone. He broke his gaze with the screen and peeked up at me quickly before looking down again. "Can I help you?" He asked with sass in his voice.

"Just admiring the view."

He blushed slightly and spoke again, "impossible, you're not looking in a mirror."

"That may have been the cheesiest thing I have ever heard you say."

"It probably was, but I meant it." He turned off his phone and looked up at me, "now that's a view." I rolled my eyes a bit and felt my cheeks growing red. I looked down trying to hide my face so he wouldn't see me blushing at the stupid comment. "Don't hide," he said lifting my chin up, "it's cute." This only caused me to blush more. He giggled a bit and then groaned.

"What?"

"Look out the window." I looked outside and it was now starting to rain, just lightly.

"Let's start heading back before it gets too bad."

"Good idea."

We started going back towards the apartment and made it not very far before it started pouring. We had to run and find a tree to take cover under. We sat under it for a couple minutes waiting for the rain to die down but it didn't look like it had planned on stopping anytime soon. "The one time it rains in LA. Ugh" Mitch complained.

"Haven't you ever wanted to dance in the rain?" I asked the boy who was cuddled up to me.

"We'll get soaked!" He shrieked.

"So what? A little water never hurt anyone."

"People drown, that's water's fault."

"Really Mitch? We aren't going to drown in rain!"

He thought long and hard about the idea but decided he would come dance in the rain with me. We twirled and jumped in the middle of a field, probably looking like idiots to anyone who saw us but we didn't care. My phone was blasting Beyoncé and we were just jamming. I picked my little baby Mitch up by the waist and he wrapped his legs around my hips and his arms were resting around my neck. I gazed into his beautiful chocolate eyes and smiled. He leaned in for a kiss and I gladly kissed him back. He pulled away and I smiled up at him. Mitch changed positions so he was on my back and his legs were slipped under my arms, I carried us to the safety of a big tree. "Okay, you were right." Mitch said once we sat down against the tree trunk.

"I'm sorry, what was that?"

"I said you were right. Be happy, it's not often I'll admit that."

"Oh I know, that's why I got you to say it again." I joked which lead to him punching me lightly in the arm. I smiled over at him. He looked really cute in that particular moment. His hair was a mess and his clothes were soaking wet. "Let's go." The small boy jumped up onto my back so I could carry him to the apartment.

We walked back into the building and I carried Mitch to the elevator and up to the room. When we got into our flat, I plopped him down onto the couch and sat down beside him. We turned on the tv, not bothering to change out of our wet clothes, and watched some cartoons. We ended up ordering pizza and chilling all day until Mitch passed out on the couch again. As I always do when this happens, I carry him to one of the bedrooms, today it's mine, and lay him down so we can cuddle. Then I just fall asleep with the beautiful little boy in my arms.