Chapter 17

Mitch's pov

A bunch of our friends were sitting on our couch, waiting for us. We told them to just come in when they got here, so they did. We were peeking out through a crack in the bedroom door that we left open, for this reason. We listened to them all talking, they were all confused about where we were. We were only waiting for one person, Kirstie. In the living room, we listened to the voices of everyone, we heard Avi, Esther, Kevin, Alex, Tyler, Korey, Tori, and Jake, our closest friends. We listened to their conversation for a couple more minutes until we heard Kirstie come in. Everyone greeted her and she took a seat on the couch beside Tori and Esther, they were the only girls here. "So where are the guys?" We heard Kirstie speak up.

"I have no idea." Esther answered.

"When should we go out there?" Scott asked me.

"Just give it a second." I told him.

Tyler started speaking up, basically shouting as if to try and get our attention, "maybe.. If we start snooping through their shit, they'll come out from hiding!"

I shot Scott a glare and he returned it. He put out his hand to say wait.

"Tyler you can't just do th-" Korey was cut off by Tyler shushing him.

We were still watching through the crack in the door when Tyler stood up and started talking again. "Oh look what I found!" I stared at the group of people on the couch since Tyler walked out of sight. "Mitch's laptop!"

"Don't worry," Scott told me, "you have a password."

Tyler walked back over to the couch, his back to us. "Kirstie, I believe you would know the password to this."

"Of course I do!" Kirstie said loudly as she took the computer from his hands and started turning it on. That's it, I wasn't waiting any longer. I pushed Scott out but we were very quiet walking towards them. They all shifted their eyes towards us but we signalled them to keep quiet. Tyler still had his back turned to us so we crept up behind him and enveloped him in a giant hug, causing him to scream.

"What the hell!" He yelled, trying to get out from in between us. Everyone was laughing now and Kirstie had turned my laptop off and put it on the table. We let go of Tyler and he was now covered in red paint. "Not cool guys." Tyler scoffed and turned around to see us.

"What have you two been up to?" Avi asked us.

"We were painting Mitch's room, now that he has moved back in." Scott explained.

They all just stared at us. "I don't think you were doing it right." Kirstie joked.

We rolled our eyes and told everyone to follow us, they were all wearing old clothes like we told them to. We brought them into my room. They glanced around at the marks and Tori was the one to point out the shape of Scott's head on the wall, she could tell because of the height difference that it was not me. Everyone laughed and Scott glared at me, I was laughing too. We explained to everyone that we were going to paint the room, but we didn't tell them our plan to attack them. Everyone started painting and Scott and I went out into the hallway, we said we were getting ourselves water but we were actually going to figure out who to attack first. "So," Scott started, "not Tyler since he is already covered in paint." I nodded my head in agreement.

"I'm thinking Kirstie." I stated.

"Why?"

"She's the one who helped Tyler open up my laptop... Payback."

Scott laughed and nodded his head, "sure."

We walked back into the room and walked to either sides of Kirstie to 'help her paint.' After like 2 minutes of actual painting, Scott and I both took giant scoops of the yellow paint she brought and lifted it up. Scott mouthed 3 2 1 and at the same times we nailed Kirstie on each side of her face with the paint. "Ahhh! Guys!" Her screaming caused everyone to turn and look at the three of us. Everyone was laughing but Kirstie was mad. We weren't looking at her anymore so it was a shock when she nailed Scott with a paintbrush full of paint, then me.

"I'm sorry, Kirst!" Scott said.

I spoke up when all Kirstie did was scoff at his apology, "I think what our dear Kirstie needs is a hug." I smiled at her and her expression dropped.

"Touch me and I kill you." We ignored her threat and kept moving towards her. She grabbed my arm in one swift motion and pinned me up against the wall.

"Ow! Why me?!" I yelled out.

"Cause you're so small and easy to fight."

"Hey!" I exclaimed.

"It's true." Scott spoke up and everyone agreed. I was still pressed up against the wall when the guys all started whispering. I couldn't quite make out what the were saying since I wasn't trying to, I was trying to wiggle out of Kirstie's grip. She let go and I turned around to be met with Avi throwing a bucket of paint at me, like I did to Scott earlier. My face, along with my upper body was covered in the blue paint that Avi brought. Nobody brought the same colour paint since we didn't give them a specific colour, it would just make my room even brighter. Everyone was laughing, so I joined in. Now both Scott and I had matching marks on the wall of my room. "Paint fight!" Scott yelled before chaos broke out. Everyone was throwing paint and screaming at each other.

~~~

We all sat in my room, covered in paint and admired the walls covered in every colour there was. We sat with just music blaring in the background. It was about 8 o'clock and we decided to turn this into a slumber party since we were all so exhausted and nobody wanted to go home. I was resting against Scott's body, nobody had any suspicions of us being a couple since we were so close and did this all the time anyways. Tyler was the one to break the silence, as always, "I think before I go take a shower, we need to take like a million selfies." We all laughed and agreed. Scott went to wash his hands and grab his phone, since he was the tallest and could take the best selfie. We took tons of selfies and everyone showered. Everyone had to borrow clothes, except for Kirstie since she always slept over here so she had a spare change, since they didn't want to change back into their paint covered clothes that they came in. Scott let basically everyone borrow clothes, just t-shirts and sweatpants or shorts. I let Tyler, Esther and Tori borrow my clothes since they were closer to my height.

We all sat in the living room, waiting for the pizzas we ordered, talking or singing to the music that was playing. "Who's up for a game of truth or dare?" Alex asked.

"Me!" Jake was the first to answer but everyone else soon agreed. We sat in a circle and Alex started.

"So... Scott, truth or dare?"

"Dare."