Chapter 31

Mitch's pov

I must've fallen asleep outside with Scott last night because I woke up beside him, in the main bedroom and I don't remember coming here by myself. I rolled over to face the sleeping boy and admired everything about him. Then, my mind started wandering. I started thinking about last night, it was grand. Oh. Right. Travis called me last night didn't he? Ugh yeah. But my great boyfriend handled that for me. I hate to say this but... I think I miss Trav. I know I have Scott and don't get me wrong, I'm crazy in love with him but I still miss my old boyfriend. We had some really good times together... And I loved him. I don't know why happened to him. The last months of our relationship were so- he just wasn't the same guy. The guy that came onto me at the gas station yesterday wasn't the same guy I fell madly in love with. I can't say I'm mad we broke it off because he was getting worse and now I have Scott but I can't say I'm happy about it either, he is a great guy. I just miss the old Travis. My mind was going in deep with memories of Travis and I. Finally, I was taken out of this trance by Scott waking up. I snapped my head towards him after he said my name.

"Yeah?" I asked him.

"Are you okay? I said you're name like 8 times."

"Oh, sorry. I was um thinking."

"About?"

"Nothing." I tried to lie to Scott even though I knew he could see right through it. I just didn't want to ruin this romantic get away I had planned for the two of us.

"Babe don't lie."

"I want breakfast." I stated, trying to change the subject. I hopped out of bed and started to head out when Scott grabbed my wrist. I turned around to look at him. He didn't say anything, just looked at me, concern written all over his face. "It's Travis." I said to him, giving in to his stare.

"What about him."

"I miss him." I could tell this hurt Scott so I felt the need to explain myself. "Trust me, I don't miss him in the sense of I wish I never left him. I miss the old him, the guy who cared about me and would go stupidly long lengths to make me happy. I don't miss the stranger that we ran into the other day."

Scott nodded and cleared his throat. "Yeah, I know where you're coming from, I miss him too."

We continued on for not much longer when we decided to drop the conversation and go get food instead. We needed the food for energy, I was taking Scott mountain climbing today.

~~~

"Hurry up Scott!" I called out to my boyfriend, who was taking forever to get dressed. We were going to climb the mountain now and carve our names at the top. Scott came out of our room, all done up in his snow suit. I smiled at him and grabbed the backpack with the carving stuff in it and tossed it to him but not before telling him to stay out of it.

We headed out and started off towards the mountain I found... The smallest one. Listen, I'm a small guy and I'm not all that sporty, no shame.

~~~

Scott's pov

We were about three quarters up this big ass mountain that Mitch decided would be fun to climb when he finally piped up about something.

"Hey Scott?"

"Yeah?"

"Pass me the bag please."

"The heavy ass bag I was forced into carrying?"

"Hey! I'm weak! And yes."

"Ugh fine." I gave him the bag and he walked around a rock, out of my view and yelled at me to stay put for a couple minutes. I sat down at the edge of the cliff we were on and observed the gorgeous view I had from so high up. I could still see the cabin from here and the lake was bright and beautiful.

After a few minutes, Mitch came back around and walked over to me. I stood up and looked at the boy who was smiling nice and wide now. He intertwined our fingers and started walking back towards where he just disappeared to a minute ago. We walked through a maze of rocks before he stopped me.

"Close your eyes."

"Are you kidding Mitch? We are on a mountain! I could fall off."

"Gosh stop being a baby, close your eyes."

I sighed and did as he said.  We walked slowly so I wouldn't fall and die. It wasn't very far, maybe 30 seconds until we stopped again.

"Okay.. Open." I opened my eyes and in front of me, in the rocks read 'Scott and Mitch' and underneath it was a small heart. This was adorable, geez Mitch was great.

"Wow."

"It was hard."

"Sure seems like it."

"But it was worth it. I love you Scott."

Mitch wasn't one to get deep and emotional so even just him saying those three words was great, it was always heartfelt and genuine.

"I love you too."

We stood and looked at the carving a few minutes more before taking selfies and taking pictures of the scenery and the carving. Then it was time to climb back down.