Chapter 27

Scott's pov

We were supposed to be leaving in five minutes, but as usual, Mitch was still showering. Ugh, this is why we can't plan things. Hmmm maybe I need to go get him? Yeah, I think that's what I gotta do. I make my way over to his bathroom and very quietly open the door and shut it again, so he doesn't hear me. I grab the towel from where it was sitting and just hold onto it. I could tell by his shadow that he was looking at the wall opposite of the shower head. His beautiful singing changed to a scream in seconds when I turned the temperature from nice and warm to freezing cold water. "HOLY SHIT!" He screamed and turned to shut the shower off. He opened the shower curtain a slight bit, just enough to put his head out of the side. He stared at me, clearly unimpressed, while I was laughing my ass off. My laughing was cut off by his talking, "Ha ha. Very funny Mr. Hoying."

"I know, I know, I'm proud." I responded sarcastically.

"Towel."

"What?" I asked, since I completely forgot that I took his towel.

"Gimme the towel Scott." After he said this, I remembered why I took it in the first place.

"Nah."

"Scott, c'mon."

"Come get it." I smirked at the boy and winked.

"Not now, just pass it."

"Oh? What's that? You don't need a towel?"

"I didn't say that." He said in the same monotone voice.

"I should leave?"

"Pass the damn towel." He was starting to get a bit impatient with me now.

I opened the bathroom door and started slowly backing out while he continued to tell me to pass the towel over to him. After a second I realized that he wasn't moving so I turned around and walked around the corner, with his towel in my hand. I heard him grunt and open the door. As he quietly crept through the hallways, I watched him and refrained from laughing and giving away my hiding spot.

"Scooooooott! Stop it!" He yelled out.

When he finally got closer to me, I jumped out and wrapped him up in the towel, causing him to scream. I was laughing once again. He ripped the towel from my grip and headed back towards the bathroom.

"I love you!" I yelled at him while he walked away. He just hummed in response.

I guess that mission was a success, seeing as it did get him out of the shower. Now we wait for his hair, makeup and clothes to be all perfect before we leave.

~~~

Mitch's pov

We have just pulled out into the street and we are now heading to the gas station to fill up the tank before actually starting the road trip.

Scott is filling up the tank and I'm inside the little convenience store, looking for  something sweet, like candy or something to satisfy my craving. I was looking at some chocolate bars when someone familiar came and stood beside me. I didn't look up at his face, I continued glaring down at the candy bars in front of me. I knew it wasn't Scott because he was still outside at the pump. When the man didn't move after a few moments, I decided to look up and see who it was. Oh great. Travis. Doesn't he have great timing?