Chapter 20- New Group Partners

Mr. Groban's POV

It's been two days and there is nothing but tension in the room so I decided to change the group project and tell them it has to be groups of three and this time I will be choosing. In the end Jess, Nathan and Melanie was in one while Teresa, Megan, and Jasmine was in another. I knew Anna didn't want to be in John's group because if looks could kill he'd probably be already twelve feet under just to make sure he was under there. So I decided to put Anna with the two new guys..who know's maybe they will get along much better. I told them I will give them until tomorrow to pick a song and perform together but as for today I wanted each of them to sing a song that brings back memories even if it's a lalluby.

One by one they went and sang songs that brought back memories for them and I could tell they felt so relieved when they was done as if the tension was slowly being lifted. It came time for Anna and she was hesistate at first but decided to come up and stand in front of the class. and she said without making any eye contact to anybody. " This was a song my mom used to sing to be before I went to bed" Her friends looked sad while the others just stared and she took a deep breathe and sang Acapella with her eyes closed.

A twinkle in the night sky far far away

a golden star I gazed upon in my dreams

on a sleepless evening I sing alone

tomorrow I'll sing with you

on the wings of a dream

on a sleepless evening I sing alone

tomorrow I'll sing with you

on the wings of a dream

on a sleepless evening I sing alone

tomorrow I'll sing with you

on the wings of

a dream

That song brought me back memories too of a girl I once fell in love with, Anna opens her eyes and walks back to her seat. Good thing the bell rang after she returned to her seat I felt like I was about to break in front of everyone. I remind them one last time about the assignment and dismiss them. When the coast was clear I took out a photo of the love of my life and just gazed at her "I wish you was here love I miss you so much".

Jesikah's POV

As we walk to our lockers I look at Anna she's the only one out of our crew who kinda ended up on her own while the rest of us is together. "Anna....you gonna be ok?" She shrugs keeping quiet which means she's just not gonna talk and probably disgusted. I hug her telling her it's going to be ok and at least she didn't end up with John, which she agrees on that one. " I'm....just not use to meeting new people Jess...will they even like me? I mean we only met each of them once?" She says softly and I smile.

"Anna don't worry just be yourself and you will be fine...I bet you guys will become best friends knowing you" I say and she giggles saying yeah right and lightly shoves me. As if on cue the two boys walk up. I say goodbye to Anna and tell her we will meet at home later after the groups done practicing. She nods and I hug her and tell her it's going to be ok one last time and we each go our seperate ways. When I meet up with the others we paired and split up so we wouldn't steal eachothers songs. I wonder how Anna is going to do she never sang for people she didn't know.

Annaley's POV

I watched as Jess left me behind with the two guys from class and I started to get sad wishing I was paired with her until suddenly I felt a pinch on my nose and Aiden looks at me smiling," cheer up lass we're not gonna hurt you" and Shawn adds," unless you ask us to them maybe we'll make an expection" we all giggle and we decided to go and practice. After going through so many songs we finally found one that we all liked and enjoyed and after that we decided to kinda have alittle fun and make a delicious cake, well Shawn and I did to see which one was better but Aiden couldn't decide and we ended up eating both.

After it got late enough I tell the guys goodbye and went home and stayed in my room looking at the moon smiing at a good day I actually had. When everyone was sleep I sneaked out to the beach and sat by the shore looking at the moon and stars when I felt someone coming. "I told you she'd be here Shawn" Aiden says and Shawn nods smiling and I look at them confused. Why are they here and what is going on? Then they both each sat on one side of me and Aiden looks at me and says," Don't be afraid and alarmed...but we know who you are Annaley" I looked at them and said ," what do you mean?" and Shawn said," a mermaid...." my eyes opened wide and I got up quick and ran but Aiden catches me quick and does something to where I start to fall asleep. What is going on? who are these guys?