Chapter 40- Anna's Deal

Jesikah's POV

As we all sat and talked I came to realize that not only this will be the last time for a long time we will hang out. Once we graduate we will go our separate ways and not only that I will have to say goodbye to Nathan...my love. "I don't...want to say goodbye" I say softly looking at the ground. I can feel every ones eyes staring at me as we sat in silent till Nathan spoke,"What do you mean?" I could feel the knot in my throat threatening the tears to show but I held back. "don't you realize it....we won't be able to see each other for a long time after graduating.." I said and I heard a lot of sighs and I looked up "and...I don't want to have to say goodbye to my friends and first love" I say as tears stream down and I covered my face. Soon after I felt arms around me "then...lets make the most of it while we can Jess" Nathan says and kisses forehead and I looked up and they all agreed. I smile and wipe my tears and look at them," hey this is a perfect time to take a group photo" Teresa says and with that they all gathered around me and Nathan and we took the best photo I could ever have taken. The photo was sent to all our phones so we each could keep it.

I took a deep breathe and look at them "hmm ghost story time?" and everyone shouted at the same time yea and that made me giggle. "oh I got the best one and this is a true story" Aiden says. As he begins his story we paid close attention but the more I listened the more I regretted it because I got more scared. When he finished and we heard footsteps breaking the small branches on the ground which caused all of us to scream. "whoa girls calm down it's just me" Mr. Groban says walking back to us with sodas and passed them around. We all broke into laughter as Teresa said," Aiden you are NOT aloud to tell stories anymore". He started laughing but then I remembered him saying the story was true. "wait didn't you say it was true though?" I asked and everyone stopped and looked at him and he just stays quiet and drinks his soda until we all yell,"AIDEN" and he burst out laughing nearly choking on the soda which caused us to laugh again. We couldn't get the answer out of him so we decided to call it a night since we head back home tomorrow.

Annaley's POV

I was carefully watching everyone at the camp and they enjoyed themselves which made me so happy but I noticed once Jess said we'd have to say goodbye they all kind of lost alittle happiness as if it stayed in their minds the entire while they tried to have fun. Jess I could tell she was lost in thought because when I glance at her she would look so sad at her soda until she sees me looking the puts on a smile and joins back in the conversation. I laid on the ground looking at the sky, I didn't want them to be sad. I know it was going to be hard for all of us. As we got up the next day and packed up and went home I went in my room and thought of an idea that it may workout. I had to keep my plan on the down low though. My dad said him and the boys was going to the store and asked if I wanted to go but I told him I had things I had to get done so I couldn't go with him.

As they left I walked to the piano and sat there for a minute then started playing a melody then sang along.

I've never been one

To step out of my comfort zone

Whenever I try

I am afraid to just let go

Don't know why I run

Don't know why I hide

Never let them know

What I feel inside

Don't know why I'm scared

Just to take a chance

While I'm just standing here

I've never been one

To break free

'Cause I've always cared

What everyone thinks of me

Don't know why I run

Don't know why I hide

Never let them know

What I feel inside

Don't know why I'm scared

Just to take a chance

While I'm just standing here

Like a bird

Free to fly

Spread my wings and fly my life

Like a bird

Up so high out of the cage

It's my time to shine

Like a bird

I'm free to fly

So tell me (tell me)

Why don't I

As I stop I wipe my tears and say ok then pick up the phone to video call King Triton, he appears on the screen and says," Hello Anna it's not like you to call me..is everything.." but before he could finish," Sir please I'm asking this as a favor since we are to leave land soon to call off the arranged marriage because they have fallen in love and it's hard enough to say goodbye to friends but to first love is even worse...I'm sure you understand with Queen Athena" I say and he looks at me sad and sighs," I can't do that because in order for them to take throne you must be married and with a partner" He says. I look down then quickly had an idea,"What if they marry their loves that way they will still be married but it will be someone they truly want to be with" I say and he looks at me," well that's a good idea...but what about you?" he says and I look at him with a serious face," I will still go with the arranged marriage if you let them marry whom they please" I say and he looks at me shocked," with no trouble or anything?" he says and I nod," I won't give you any trouble and I will smile but let them marry the person they love, that's all I ask" I say and he stays silent for a minute then says," Alright Anna I'll let them know then" but before he got off the phone I asked him if he could keep this a secret of me going with the arranged and he nods and says goodbye. I sigh and look out the window "you can't be serious...are you" I quickly turn around to see Aiden staring at me.