Chapter 46

After my friendly encounter with Emily I decided to sit myself down for a couple of minutes. With all the hard work I put into this party, I sure was exhausted. My mind kept telling me to find Emily to make sure she was doing alright, but my heart kept telling me she's a big girl and doesn't need me to watch over her 24/7 like a damn parent. And that's when it hit me. Once she leaves the country, she'll no longer need my protection in any shape or form, I'll just be another a distant memory she left behind along with her old life. Its quite a peculiar feeling actually, strangest above all. Do I really think she'll get over me? What if she finds herself a new beau? I surely won't.

These deliberating thoughts kept sweeping through my mind here and there as I tentatively watched the crowd above me having a blast and blowing their brains off with alcohol. The room was filled with tactless laughter, and scornful jokes, none which were hilarious by the way. I tried to practice keeping my mind of off Emily, considering the fact that in less than 24 hours she'll be long gone.

As I sat there looking like a lonely patroon, I came across a peculiar moment where I believed I was actually in my own dream. A nightmare to be precised, actually believing I was "living the dream" literally. Emily leaving, all a dream. But then I came to my senses when I came a across a young couple seated just across from me. The way they looked into each other's eyes made it visible for any outsider to acknowledge their love for one another.

I became faint for a second, ignoring the crowd and just focusing on this one couple, so young, so innocent. Preserving the moment for themselves and not wasting a minute of it. So what was I doing here sitting around? When I could be preserving the last few hours I have with Emily. I indolently got up from my spot, shook out any wrinkles made on my shirt, and walked into the crowd on a quest to find Emily.

Emily's POV

"Come on Emily just one more drink" Stacy encouraged from behind me, I knew I shouldn't have given in to the peer pressure from the people around me. I lost harry in the crowd a few hours ago and ever since then, the night has become chaotic. Filled with reckless drinks and mindless behavior.

"I can't do this, I already had all 5." I cowardly responded. I consciously knew I was drunk. But I continued to fight back my inner conscious keeping me away from all the fun tonight.

"Dont be such a wimp Emily, for fucks sakes. This is you last night in America. Embrace the possibilities." She remarked as she handed me the cup full of alcohol.

"I'd like to get to the airport sober tomorrow, thank you." I called back at her as a began to chug on the cup.

As I finished the last gulp I notice I hadn't seen harry. I tried to walk towards the kitchen but my feet were too wobbly. I should have probably measured my drinking. I continued to loose my balance but finally made it to the kitchen safely. I took a seat on one of the stools and noticed the time. 10 pm.

Where are you harry?

I missed him, although I had just seen him a couple hours ago, it still felt like an iternity. I wasn't used to being in a big crowd unguided. Harry was always there to guide the way. I enjoyed the freedom though. Though possibly leaving me unguided tonight is what caused me to be this drunk. I just wanted to be wild for once in my life. I'm still young, I wanted no regrets.

As much as I enjoyed my freedom, I also enjoyed Harry's presence. His unique way of showing his love he has for me. I try to think of ways I could possibly stop thinking of him so much. Thinking of him the way I do now will be the death of me. I'll be three thousand miles away and still missing him this way won't do me any good. I should have probably thought about this before.

Do I even want to go to England? Do I really care about my education so much that I'm willing to abandon the love of my life?

People like harry only come once in a lifetime. And if you're smart enough, you'll never let them go. For I have fallen for him and all his little things. The way his dimple paints on his façade as he smirks. The way his eyes glitter whenever he's looking at me. The way his finger interlock with mine, establishing an indescribable sensation. These and many other things along with his jealousy problem which I find incredibly irresistible.

If I love harry this much, why am I still stuck on the idea of leaving? Is it because I want to see my dad? If that's the case and if he really wants to see me as much as I want to see him, he'll visit.

Alcohol was making my mind make decisions I would have been a coward to think of if I were sober. I needed to stop thinking, it was a done deal. I was leaving and that was final.

"Emily, what the hell happened with you?" A familiar voice questions me. My head laid on the kitchen table as my legs and bottom rested on the stool.

"What are you on about? I'm totally fine"

"Bullshit Em, give me that." he rebolts and forcefully takes the cup of alcohol away from my hand.

"Dont be such a party pooper babe." I whisper into his ear as I make out a quick smirk.

"You're drunk. That's just great. I leave you alone knowing you'll be responsible and you go and get drunk, fucking great Emily."

"Let me have fun babe, I'm fine I promise." I tell him.

He then picked me up from my waist, I wrapped my hands around his neck. I slowly closed my eyes as we walked further away from the crowd.

HEY GUYS MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE. AS THE YEAR IS COMING TO AN END I WANTED TO UPDATE, IF YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER PLEASE GIVE IT A VOTE, COMMENT, AND SHARE (: ILYA x