Chapter 10

I notice Harry looking at me from the corner of the room. I turn around to give him a quick smirk only to have him stick his tongue out at me. That tongue.

Jesus Christ his so silly.

I've been thinking about his "taking it slow" offer but honestly I don't think it's going to work out. He's an amazing person but sometimes when life gives you lemons, the lemons don't have any juice to make lemonade. And that's exactly how this situation is. I met Harry as in he's the lemon life gave me. But I can't make any juice because someone already squeezed him and that's my mother.

I need to find a job soon if I want to find a place to live because I'm surely not spending another night here with Harold. I used to work at a dollar store and got fired going off on my boss for not giving me free sneakers. I was hungry and forgot my lunch in the bus.

"You ready?" Harry asks impatiently. He said he was taking me out for breakfast. I'm not even hungry but as long as I get to spend time with him. My mother hasn't even bothered to call me once. I really don't mind but it hurts to know that your own mother doesn't give a shit about you.

"Yeah, just let me change my top" I respond while taking his shirt over my head and putting my own over my chest.

"I like your bra, Em" he winks at me.

"Shut up" I cackle.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Can we leave now?" I say just as I finish my plate of pancakes. They weren't that bad but I'm not a big fan of them. But Harry insisted in trying pancakes from here.

"If that's what you want" he shrugs without saying another word.

An unfamiliar feminine body walks over to our table and smiles down at Harry. "Harry! Is that you?" she nearly shouts. Harry stands up immediately and shakes her hand. She's wearing high heels, with a very professional dress, and her hair is let down loose. She looks like my mother if she would dress nice.

"Amanda! It's so nice to see, how have you been? Your hair is so long..." he shrinks, I feel like I don't belong in this picture.

"I'm hanging in there, so Liam said you've been playing around again?" She smiles. One of her earrings is missing but I don't even know the woman to even bother on letting her know.

"He's a real shit. Don't listen to that asshole" He shrugs but manages to put up a smile for the tall woman.

The woman turns to look at me and gives me a warm smile. "I don't believed we have met, hi I'm Amanda, Harry's ..." Harry cuts her off before she can finish.

"We were just leaving, I'll see you later" he rushes, grabs my hand, leaves a tip and leaves within seconds. Leaving the poor woman with her mouth open. I turned my head in her direction and mouth "sorry" but doubt she understood me.

I've never seen Harry this disturbed before, I didn't do anything wrong. If anything he's the one who's acting like a jerk and embarrassing me.

There's an uncomfortable dead silence that's killing me vibe.

"What the hell was that" I nearly shout at him.

"Nothing, I just don't see why you need to be introduced to 'my' friends" He responds in the most selfish voice I have ever heard.

"Wow okay, how about you take me to Stacy's now? You've had your little fun" I mumble, I knew this was a stupid idea. Why the hell doesn't he want me to meet his friends?

"You don't understand Emily..." he continues but I interrupt.

"Save it" I quickly remark

"Let me finish..." He sighs, "Look if I'm telling you this it's because I don't want any more misunderstanding between us, and let's start from the beginning. Since I was little I've always gotten into trouble. I grew up being a crack head. I fucked with girls just for the pleasure. I got used to having different girls in my bed every night. My friends got really worried and paid for my therapy. I've gotten a little better but not so much to prove to my friends that I have. The only reason why I am with someone as old as your mom is to prove to my friends that I have changed and I am no longer a player. I know it's wrong and selfish but your mom understands that. When Liam came over this morning he thought you were one of my other girls. I told him you were my girlfriend's daughter and he got the wrong impression. Now he's opening his big mouth and telling everyone that I'm fucking with people's daughters. I don't want my friends knowing you until I know that you will stick around, they already think you're just another toy for the night. And I can't let them think that."

Holy Shit!

"So, my mom knows about all this?" I ask.

"Yeah, my counselor is your mom's friend and she helped me out and offered her help" He shrugs.

"Why didn't you guys tell me? She was a rude bitch to me the other night. Telling me to stop checking you out and shit." I recall the night.

"I made her promise that we would fake our relationship for a few months until my lads believed me" He points out.

He continues, "I also wanted to tell you from the beginning but I didn't know if I could trust you, and you showed me that I can" He rests his hand on my thigh and lifts my chin up with his other.

"Wow, I need some time, this is a lot to process, sorry." I look away and out the window to notice it's already noon.

"Take your time Em" I can see he's frowning even though I'm avoiding eye contact.

- - - - - - - - - -

SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER GUYS , I WILL UPDATE IN A FEW HOURS I PROMISE .. THANK YOU FOR ALL THE SUPPORT ILY ALL (: