Chapter 2 Diagon Alley

Disclaimer: everything besides Pearlina and her family belong to J. K. Rowling.

Here is the last preview.

Vote and comment.

---------------------------------------------

August 21st....

I was going to Diagon Alley today to get my school supplies. My father and stepmother were going with me. I never really thought that my stepmother would want to come with us unless she was trying to show off or something that would break us apart.

It would be my first time going outside the manor besides the beach. My father never took me out because he was protective of me. Plus, I really didn't know how to interact with other witches and wizards because I felt like an outsider. I wasn't a full witch.

I was in the bathroom brushing my golden blond hair. After brushing my hair, I braided my hair and let the hair hung over one side. I grabbed my coat and made my way down the stairs to see my father and stepmother next to the fireplace waiting for me..

"Ready to go?" my father asked me. "Yes," I said to him. He gave me a nod and took my hand. We got into the fireplace and flooed to Diagon Alley. Green flames engulfed us and we appeared in an alleyway.

Soon, my stepmother was behind us. People filled the small alley. My father looked at my stepmother. "We need to go to Gringotts to get some galleons," he said to my stepmother. We made our way passing many different stores.

Once at the Gringotts Wizarding Bank, we walked up to the main desk where a goblin was busy writing something. "Hello," my father said to the creature. The goblin looked down at us. "Ah. Mr. Wideacre. Here for a withdraw?" the goblin asked him.

"Yes. Here is the key," my father said to him and gave a small key. The goblin looked at the key. It was gold and jewels embedded in it. My father looked at my stepmother. "Take Pearlina to Madam Malkin's for her robe," my father told her. She gave him a nod and made her way out of the bank. I followed behind her.

We walked through the alleyway until we saw Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions. We walked inside to see a slick blond boy on a step stool and a woman who I believed was his mother. He looked my age. "Narcissa," I heard my stepmother say to her. The woman turned around to see us.

"Morgana," the woman said to her. We walked over a bit. The woman looked down at me. "Is this your stepdaughter?" she asked m stepmother. "Yes. Her name is Pearlina. She will be attending Hogwarts this year," my stepmother said to her.

The woman looked down at me again. "Hello I'm Narcissa Malfoy," she introduced to me. I never really met many witches and wizards besides my father and stepmother. When they went to a party, they had me stay home.

"Hello," I said to her shyly. She gave me a smile. "What a lovely girl you are. Your stepmother told me much about you," she said to me. {Wonder if she knows...} I looked over at the boy who was looking at me from the mirror. "That is my son Draco," she said to me.

{Draco.}

Soon, I saw a lady bring a black robe to him. "Here you go," she said to him. Draco took the robe and jumped off the step stool. The lady looked at me. "Are you here for a Hogwarts uniform dear?" she asked me.

"Yes. Ma'am," I said to her in a low voice. I saw her eyes widen a bit before giving me a nod and gesturing me up onto the step stool. I stood on the step stool. The lady took measurements of my body. "Hm...a bit on the short side," I heard her say.

I watched the lady walk into a doorway that would lead to the back storage to find the uniform of my size. I looked at the mirror to see Draco who was looking at me. {Wonder what he is thinking.} My step mother was talking to Narcissa.