Chapter 30: Recognition

Disclaimer: everything besides Pearlina and her family belong to J. K. Rowling.

Vote and comment.

-------------------------------------------

After a while, I managed to calm myself down. "Hello sir," I said and bowed to him. "Nathan. Why is Pearlina not looking at me," grandfather asked father. "She had been that way when she meets other people especially pureblood," my father explained to him.

"Raise your head my child," he said to me. Slowly, I raised my head to look at him. He gave me a nod. "I never thought that I would have a beautiful granddaughter. To be honest, I didn't know what would happen when a witch have mermaid traits in them," he told me. I gave him a nod.

"And now you know," Morgana said to him. "I'm very sorry Pearlina for...being a terrible grandfather," he apologized to me. {More like not accepting me is more like it.} I gave him a nod. I didn't know what to say to him.

"We should go and sit down shall we," Morgana said to him. We walked into the dining room and sat down. Grandfather said at the head of the table. I was going to sit with father until Grandmother took my hand.

"Sit between us," she said to me. I listened to her and sat between my grandparents. The food came to the table in great quantity. I hadn't had home made food for a very long time. In a way, I was very excited.

My grandparents asked me about my biological mother and my education. My father was happy to hear that I had fought my fear of flying and was doing well with my classes in America. I was a top student there.

"You will be attending our Christmas Eve party then," my grandfather said to me. "I'm sure that she will attract many future suitors," my grandmother said to him. {Suitors.} "I would like for her to marry to a prominent family. It would be difficult for her to be accepted in any pureblood family," Grandfather said to everyone.

"I will leaver her to decided who she wants to marry. I want her to be happy," my father said to him. I gave him a smile. {Thank you Daddy.}

We continued to talk about myself throughout dinner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Christmas Eve.....

It was Christmas Eve and the party was today. Currently, I was in my room sitting near the window looking at the waves. I had wore my outfit for the party that my grandparents had bought me. I had put my hair up in a french twist with a silver coral comb that held my hair up.

I had a sky blue chiffon dress that was short in the front, but trailed in the back. The dress was strapless but, I had a scarf with me The dress made sure to hug my body on the top. I wore silver high heel sandal shoes that was studded with aquamarine gemstones.

I didn't put any make up on. There was no need since I had a face of beauty due to being part mermaid.

Knock...knock.....

I turned my head to see my grandmother at the doorway. She was dressed very nicely for her age. "Why are you in your room?" she asked me. "I'm...not really fond of parties," I told her. She gave me a small smile and walked towards me.

"No one will judge you my dear," she said to me. She took my hand and led me out of my room. I didn't resist her. The place was filled with music and words from the guest. I could tell that they were talking about ministry business.

Soon, we reached the stairs and walked down. Everyone looked at our directions. Some of them were very surprised to see me especially those who I recognized from Hogwarts. I tried to keep my composure.

As we reached the bottom, a few people started to come towards us. We kept moving our way to my grandfather and father who was talking to someone. {Where is Morgana?} I looked around to see her talking to someone who had platinum blond and brown hair.

As we got close to the men, they turned their attention towards us. My father gave me a smile and opened his arms to me. I walked into them and gave my father a kiss on the cheek. "You look wonderful," he said to me.

"Thank you," I said as I pulled away from him. Grandfather gave me a hug as well. I was still not used to his gesture. We pulled away from each other and looked at the man who had blond long hair and wore black.

I recognized him.

{Lucius.}

"I believe you remember my daughter Pearlina," my father said to him. "Indeed," Lucius said in his normal tone. {He didn't change a bit.} "I have to say that I didn't recognize you," he said to me. I gave him a nod.

I turned to my father. "May I be excused? I like to walk around a bit," I said to him. "Of course," he said to me. I gave him a small smile and walked around the room. Occasionally, someone would talk to me. I would greet them and walked around.

After a while, I walked to the back of the manor onto the balcony. The waves in the distance didn't look to angry. The snow covered the sand except where the waves crashed onto the land. {Wonder how mom is doing with the ceremony.} It was cold outside but, it didn't bother me too much.

"Hello there."

I turned around to see a person who I recognized. {Theodore Nott.} He was one of Draco's best friends. Of course, he was tall, thin, and weakly built. He had no muscle on him. As a child, he had an appearance of a rabbit.

Now, he looked mature. He was really a bad memory. He walked towards me. "I'm guessing that you don't recognize me," he said and stood a foot in front of me. "I do. Your face triggered my memories Nott," I said to him and took a step back.

He gave me a smirk and walked towards me. He was in a trance...again. "I'm glad," he said and got closer. He started to wrap his arms around my waist. Instantly, I pushed him away. I was getting bad flashback.

Flashback.....

Knock...knock....

We turned our heads to see a boy standing at the doorway. "Hey Draco," he said to Draco. "Hey Nott," Draco said to him. {I guess Draco know's him.} The boy looked at me. "Who's she? She's cute," he said to him.

I really didn't like the attention. Shyness was growing. I looked over at Draco who was glaring at him. "Her name is Pearlina. Pearlina Wideacre. Stop looking at her like that," Draco said to him. The boy sat next to me.

"I'm Theodore Nott," he introduced himself to me. "Pearlina Wideacre," I said with shyness. I saw a smile grew on his face. "Nice voice. I didn't know Mr. Wideacre had a daughter," he said out loud. "I didn't know until we met each other at Diagon Alley," Draco said to him.

Nott was scooting closer to me but, I scooted away from him. "You're scaring her Nott," Draco said in a stern tone. "There is nothing to be scared about," Nott said to me. Next thing I knew, the door opened to reveal two big looking kids.

"Hey Malfoy," they said in unison. Draco's looked changed to look a bit like his father. He was showing his dominancy. "Crabbe. Goyle. Where have you been?" He asked them with a stern tone. It scared me a bit.

The two boys looked at me. "Who's the girl Malfoy?" the short chubby boy asked him. I could see something in their eyes. They looked like they were entranced or attracted in a sinister way. I really didn't like the way that they were looking at me.

They came closer to me. I got so scared that I got up and ran out of the compartment.

End of Flashback......

"Like I said Pearlina. I don't bite," he said to me and tried to wrap around his arm around my waist again. I tried to push him but, he wouldn't let go. "Let's have some fun shall we?" he asked me. I struggled to get him away from me.

{Someone help!}

"Let her go Nott!"

{That voice.}

Instantly, he removed his hands away from me and turned to the voice. I let out a shaky breath and turned my head to see a platinum blond hair boy.