Chapter 31: Apology

Disclaimer: everything besides Pearlina and her family belong to J. K. Rowling.

Vote and comment.

-------------------------------------------

"Malfoy. What brings you out here?"

Nott wanted to know Draco's intentions. Draco had certainly changed in appearance and height. He had grown taller, slimmer, and some muscle. He didn't gel his hair back anymore. He still had the similar face but, a bit sharper.

He walked towards us and in front of me to cover my view of Nott. I could see that I was shorter than him up. My head was up to his chest. I looked at the side to see Nott giving him a glare. Nott didn't like that fact that Draco had interrupted his time with me.

"What's wrong Malfoy? Why did you interrupt us?" Nott questioned him. "You know that she doesn't like you. Remember our first year? You really made yourself a creep," Draco said to him. "Whatever. It's not like she's interested in you," Nott said to him.

Nott turned around. "See you later," he said and walked back inside the party. I let out a breath of relief. Draco turned around and faced me. I didn't know how to feel about him. Emotions were flowing through me. My heart was racing.

"I didn't think that you would be at the party," he said to me. "My grandmother forced me," I told him. He kept his gaze at me. {I should go inside.} I walked around him but, he grabbed my wrist. "Wait. Can we talk?" he asked me softly.

I turned around and looked at him. "I'll give you a minute," I told him. He gave me a nod and took a deep breath. "I"m sorry. I'm sorry for not standing up to Pansy. I didn't know that you were a....you know," he said to me.

"Half-breed."

He gave me a nod. "After you got expelled, I tried to write to you but, I could never seem to write anything on the parchment. When I heard that you went missing....I...I didn't know what to feel. Mostly, I felt sad that I...lost a friend. I never thought I would see you again," he explained to me.

{Missing?}

"How did everyone know that I was missing?"

"I saw it on the Daily Prophet. Some people thought that you may have jumped off a cliff considering that they found blood on a rock. Your blood," he said to me. {Must have been the cut before I dived into the water.}

"Oh."

"I thought...you died that day."

I could see tears about to form in his eyes. {Did I really made him that worried?} "As you can see, I'm fine. I just went to visit my mother and stay with her. Also, I had been going to a magic school in America," I said to him. He gave me a nod.

"Will you come back to Hogwarts?" he asked me. I let out a hard deep breath.

"No."

He formed a frown on his face. "Why?" he asked.  "I can never go back to Hogwarts. I'm not accepted there. I'm not accepted in the wizard world. It abandoned and rejected me. Once I finish magic school in America, I decide to embrace my mermaid side where I am accepted," I explained to him.

He let our a breath. "I'm so sorry Pearlina. I am really sorry," he said to me. He took a step forward and embraced me in his arms. My heart was beating faster. {He seems sorry. Should I give him a chance?}