Chapter 26: My Title

Disclaimer: everything besides Pearlina and her family belong to J. K. Rowling.

Vote and comment.

-------------------------------------------

One week later......

It had been a week since I had arrived at Oceantis. The kingdom was very beautiful. My mother had explained to me everything from her point of view. It matched with my father's point of view of how I was brought to my father.

Since I had came to Oceantis, my grandparents visited me very often in order to get to know me. I had to say that my grandfather was very fond of me. When I told him that I had inherited my power from my mother, he was very interested in me.

Today, my mother was presenting me to the government official. She wanted to make things official to them that I was the legitimate daughter of the Queen of Oceantis. The proof was my powers. My grandparents thought that it was a good idea.

I was really nervous. I didn't know what to think about the whole thing.

Knock...knock.....

I turned my head to the door to see my grandmother. "It's time," she said to me. I gave her a nod and followed her out of my room. Soon, we stood in front of the throne room waiting for my cue to go inside.

"I would like to present my daughter Pearlina." I heard on the other side of the door. The doors opened to reveal the throne room. Slowly, I swam towards my mother while everyone stared with different expressions.

Once I got to her, she took my hand and faced the mermaids. "She is my legitimate daughter who had inherited my power." my mother told them. Everyone started to talk. One of the mermaids stepped forward.

"How can this be? Who is her father?" the mermaid asked her. At the corner of my eyes, I could see a frown on her face. {Is she worried about telling everyone?} She took a deep breath and told them. "Her father is a wizard who I loved," she admitted to them.

"How can this be?!" This is absurd!" I could hear the negativity.

My grandfather stepped forward.

"Silence!"

Everyone turned their attention to us. "As the laws state, my daughter has ultimate and first rights to the throne as she possesses the ancient powers of the first rulers of Oceantis.," she said to everyone. I was shocked.

{Is she expecting me to take the throne?}

"I am giving her the title The Hereditary Princess of Oceantis and style her as Her Serene Highness as the title Crown Prince is already in use," she announced to them. {Crown Prince? Mom as another child?}

I looked at her in confusion. "She will have higher privilege and authority than the Crown Prince as she possesses the power," she told them. Everyone was silent. Mother turned her head to me. "Kneel in front of me," she told me.

I gave her a nod and kneeled before her. A mermaid came out with a Circlet. It was decorated with pieces of sparkling coral. She placed the circlet on my head. I felt the pendant of a seashell on my forehead.

"I dubbed thee Pearlina, Hereditary Princess of Oceantis," she decreed to everyone. "Long live Princes Pearlina," I heard people behind me. I stood up and took my place next to my mother. For the rest of the time, they went through different issues.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the meeting, my mother led me to her room to have some time alone. "Who is the Crown Prince?" I asked her. She took a deep breath and turned around to face me. "I have to be honest with you sweetie," she said to me and patted a space next to her.

I sat next to her. "A year before I met your father, your grandfather paired me to a mermaid chief, Voltar. Your grandfather said that it would be best for me to have a child early to secure the throne especially if the child was a boy," she told me.

"Let me guess, you had a son with the chief out of duty," I told her. She gave me a nod. "I understand mom. I was....just curious about having an older brother. What's his name?" I asked him. "His name is Phorcyser," she told me.

"How come I didn't see him at the throne room today?" I asked her. "He is in the Indian Ocean doing some diplomacy. He won't be back for another month," she explained to me. "Oh....." {Wonder what he thinks of having a little sister who has a higher status than him.}

"There is something I want to talk to you about," she told me. "What is it?" I asked her. "I am enrolling you to a magic school that is in Malibu, California. I already informed the Headmistress. She is happy to have you at her school," she told me.

"What?! I can't go back to magic school. I...I don't want to," I said to her. She held my hands. "I want you to learn about where you come from Pearlina. You are part witch after all. Everyone there will not judge you," she assured me.

I thought for a few minutes. I knew that mother wasn't going to budge. "When do I start then?" I asked her. She gave me a smile. "You will start in two days. Also, you will dorm there. You can come visit me in the weekends if you like," she said to me.

"Okay."

She gave me a nod and got off the seat. "Come. I want to show you some places," she said to me. I gave her a small smile and followed her out of her room.

{I guess I can't run from who I am....my other half.}