Chapter 3: Meet Officially

Disclaimer: everything besides Pearlina and her family belong to J. K. Rowling.

Vote and comment.

-------------------------------------------

I looked at the man for some answers. I had a feeling that he would know the story or something about the wand. Something about the wand didn't seem like an ordinary wand that anyone could get anywhere. It was special.

"9 1/2" mangrove wood with mermaid hair. This is a very rare wand my dear. This wand is one of a kind in the world. I had many witches and wizards try out this wand but, the wand never chose them as their owner. I'm giving you the opportunity to try it out," he said me

I looked back at the wand and took it from the box. It felt right. Next thing I knew, streams of blue light and ocean aura surrounded me. I could feel the power through my fingers tips. After the lights and aura had dissipated into the air, I looked up at the man.

"I believe that it has chosen you my dear. It is quite amazing to see the magic from the wand. Use it well," he told me. "Thank you," I said to him. I looked at my father to see him amazed. I looked at Draco to see that he looked amazed as well. My father paid for the wand.

Everyone walked out of the shop and made our way to the fireplace. Once at the fireplace, my father looked at Lucius. Lucius was first to speak. "I'll be seeing you at work," he said to him. "Indeed. Maybe the three of you can come over for dinner sometime in the next few days," my father said to him.

Lucius gave him a nod. Narcissa looked down at me. "It's nice meeting you Pearlina," she said to me. I gave her a small smile. "It's nice to meet you too," I said to her. She gave me a smile and looked down at her son.

Draco gave his hand out. "It's nice to meet you. Hope to see you soon," he said to me. I slowly reached his hand and shook it. He didn't grab too tight. I gave him a nod. I took my hand away and walked to my father who was already in the fireplace with my stepmother.

We said our goodbyes and flooed home.

Few days later....

Today, the Malfoys were coming over for dinner. I was dressed in a sky blue dress that reached to my knees. My shoes were blue as well. I put my hair up in a bun. I made sure to wear my necklace and my bracelet.

I made my way down the stairs to the living room when I saw green flames appear at the fireplace. I saw Lucius, Narcissa, and Draco there. I gave them a small smile. "Welcome," I said to them. Narcissa gave me a small smile. "Hello Pearlina," she said to me.

Soon, my father and stepmother came into the room. "Welcome. Dinner is almost ready," he said to him. We followed them into the dining room. I had to sit next to my stepmother. My father sat at the head of the table while Lucius sat next to him. I was directly in front of Narcissa.

We had a very quiet dinner. I looked up at Draco who would occasionally look at me. I would turn my head quickly and continue my dinner. We were having roast chicken, potatoes, vegetables, and fresh baked dinner rolls.m

For dessert, we were having a pear tart with french vanilla ice cream. I wasn't really into the dessert. I looked over to my father. "May I be excused?" I asked him. "Of course sweetie," he said to me. I got up from my seat and walked out of the dining room.

I decided to walk to the beach since I hadn't gone there all day. I walked out of the manor to the stairs that led to the beach. The beach was lined with glowing lights so I would be able to see the water and the sand.

I stood near the water but, I did not get to close that I would get wet. I breathed in the salty air. {I'm going to miss this place.} I was going to be away from the beach for a long time. Hopefully, I would be able to visit during the winter break.

"What are you doing out here?"

I turned my head to see Draco. "Wha..what are you doing here?" I asked him. {I thought he was having dessert.} "I came to see you. I didn't want dessert," he said to me. I gave him a nod. He walked toward me.

"So what are you doing out here? Aren't you cold?" he asked me. I shook my head. "No. I'm not cold. I'm just watching the ocean," I said to him. "We should go inside. Don't want to get sick on our first day of school," he said to me. I gave him a nod.

I walked up the steps and into the manor. I led him up to my room and opened the door. Draco walked inside the room and looked around. My room was a decent size. The whole room was painted ocean blue.

My room pretty much showed how much I loved the ocean. Draco sat on my chair and looked at me. "What house do you want to be in?" he asked me. I walked over to my bed and sat down. "I don't know. I didn't think about it. What about you?" I asked him.

He gave me a smirk. " I want to be Slytherin. My whole family had been sorted into Slytherin for generations," he said to me. "My father was in Slytherin. He doesn't care which house I get sorted into," I said to him.

"Just hope that you don't get sorted into Gryffindor," he told me. I knew the strain between Slytherin and Gryffindor. I really didn't care much because it happen long time ago. "From looking and listening you, you are too nice for a Slytherin," he said to me.

I gave him a nod. He got up and walked towards me. I looked up at him. He had grey eyes. "I didn't really introduced myself to you. I'm Malfoy. Draco Malfoy," he introduced to me. He gave his hand out to me.

I shook his hand. "Wideacre. Pearlina Wideacre," I introduced himself to me. He didn't let go of my hand. "Pearlina. Interesting name," he said to me. "My mother named me," I said to him. "What happened to your mother?" he asked me.

I stared at him. I couldn't tell him that my mother was a mermaid. "Um...she's...somewhere else," I said to him. He gave me a nod. He let go of my hand and sat next to me. "I'm sorry," he apologized to me. "It's okay. I never met her. I was a baby when she gave me up to my father," I said to him.

He gave me a nod. "My necklace and bracelet are gifts from her. She would leave it on the beach for some reason. I wish one day that I meet her and we could have some mother daughter time together. I knew that she left my father and I for a good reason.

"He gave me another nod. You have a nice voice by the way," he said to me. I felt my cheeks blush a bit. "Thanks," I said shyly. I saw him smiling. He had a nice smile. I smiled back in return. He was really nice.

Knock...knock....

I turned my head to see my stepmother. "Draco. It's time for you to go home," she told me. Draco and I got up and followed her out of my room to the living room where our parents waited for us. Draco walked over to his parents in the fireplace. He looked at me.

"See you at the platform," Draco told me. I gave him a nod. His mother looked at me. "Hope to see you soon dear," she said to me. I gave her a smile and a nod. I had no idea what she had thought of me. Soon, they flooed away.

I couldn't wait for Hogwarts.