Chapter 28: New Experience

Disclaimer: everything besides Pearlina and her family belong to J. K. Rowling.

Vote and comment.

-------------------------------------------

Next day.....

"Time to learn how to fly."

We were out on the Quidditch pitch with brooms in our hands. "I told you Matthias. I'm hopeless at Flying that I failed in my first year and failing in my second year," I told him. He gave me a smile. "You had someone try to help you right?" he said to me.

"Yeah...." He was reminding me of Draco. I let out a deep breath. "Watch me," he said to me. He had his broom float three feet above the ground. He stepped on the broom and started to fly on the broom standing.

{Are you kidding me.}

He settled right in front of me but, he didn't get off his broom. "It's like surfing on air," he said to me. I realized something. {That is why he had me learn how to surf.} "There is no way I can do that," I said to him. He gave me a smile. "Just try. I'm right here to help you," he said to me.

{Might as well get it over with.}

So, I followed his directions. He held my hands and helped me take baby steps on flying standing up. "You are doing great," he said to me. It turned out that I was doing fine. {Just like surfing. No waves to interfere.}

"I'm going to let go now," he said to me. I gave him a nod and let go of his hands. I tried to balance on the broom. It was easier than I thought. "Lean your broom forward to go forward," he told me. I put more pressure forward and the broom started to move.

I felt myself smile. {I think I can do this.} I put different pressures onto the broom and started to soar in the air. "You're doing it Pearlina!" I heard Matthias yell to me. "I know," I yelled back to him. Soon, I landed on the ground with ease.

He gave me a big smile. "I have to say that you have officially passed the Flying test," he said to me. "Yep," I said with a smile on my face. I felt very proud of myself and looked at my watch. "We better get inside. Lunch should be ready," I told him.

"Race you," he said to me and got a head start.

"Wait for me!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

December........

The first semester was done and I was happy that it was winter break. I would be spending time with my mother in Oceantis. It would be the first time that I would spend time with my mother for Christmas and New Years.

Everyone in the Institute was going home for the break.

"I should get going," Wilma said to me with her bags in her hands. I gave her a smile. "Alright. Have fun. See you after New Years," I said to her. She gave me a wave goodbye and walked out of the room.

{I should get going too.} I walked out of the room and bumped into Matthias on the way. He gave me a smile. "You going now?" he asked me. "Yes. I have a bit of a swim to Oceantis," I told him. "That's true," he said to me as we made out way out of the Institute.

"Well, see you when I get back," he said to me. I gave him a nod. "Have a great break," I told him. He gave me a nod and made his way to a great of people who were waiting for their children. I made my way to the bus to go to the beach.