Chapter 36: Curiosity

Disclaimer: everything besides Pearlina and her family belong to J. K. Rowling.

Vote and comment.

-------------------------------------------

Summer........

"The sun feels good."

I was on a rock on the beach in a bathing suit. It was the middle of summer so every student from Hogwarts was on vacation. Since school ended, Draco had visited me many times to spend time with me. I didn't mind the visit.

"Pearlina."

I sat up from the rock to see Draco on the sand below. He gave me a smile. "Sun bathing?" he asked me. I gave him a nod. I got off the rock and gave him a hug. "What brings you here today?" I asked him.

He pulled away to get a better look at me. "Spend time with you of course," he told me. "As usual," I told him. We walked up to the manor. "Are you going to go to the Quidditch World Cup next month?" he asked me.

He opened the door for me. "I am. My father and I are going to go to have some father daughter time. Why?" I asked him as I walked through the door. "Our fathers are planning for us to go together," he told me.

"Really?" Even though I liked spending time with Draco, I was still uncomfortable with Lucius. He had a dark aura around him. Once in my room, Draco looked at me with concern. "Your comfortable with my father are you?" he asked me.

I gave him a nod. He let out a sigh and pulled me into a hug. "I know. But, he doesn't really think bad of you. He told me himself," he said to me. I pulled away from him. "Really?" He gave me a nod. I was still unsure.

"I'm going to go change. Wait here," I told him and walked into the bathroom to change into some clothes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Scones taste so good."

It was tea time in the garden with a good view of the ocean. We were having earl grey tea with scones. I took a scone and spread some jam and clotted cream on it. Draco just enjoyed the tea and company.

"Are you going to visit your mother soon?" he asked me. I looked at him. I wasn't really planning to visit her until winter break. I shook my head. "No. I don't think I will until winter break. Why?" I asked him.

He set his cup on the table. "I would like to meet her. You met my parents already and I already met you father. But, I never met your mother. I wonder what she thinks about me," he said with hints of worry.

My mother already didn't like Draco too much...in the beginning. I really didn't know what she thinks right now. "I'll try talking to her. She should be really busy right now with politics and everything," I told him.

He gave me a nod. "Are you going to live with your mother after graduation?" he asked me. I looked at him and shrugged my shoulder. "I don't know. My brother told me that I was the rightful heir to the throne since I inherited my powers from my mom," I told him.

Draco turned his attention to the ocean. {What is he thinking? Does he think that I would leave him?} "I told my brother that he should rule because I am not a full mermaid. Plus, he is older than me. He is already doing stuff in politics," I told him and took a bite of my scone.

He looked at me. His eyes showed some relief.

"Draco."

We turned our attention to the voice to see his mother. We stood from our seats. "Mother," he said and greeted her. She gave me a smile. I returned the smile. "Hello Narcissa," I said to her. She pulled me into a big hug.

"Hello Pearlina. How are you?" she asked me. "I'm alright," I told her. "I kept wonder why Draco had been visiting you a lot sine summer. I can see that he wanted to give you company," she told me. "Mother...."

Draco looked a bit annoyed. Narcissa looked at her son. "I understand Draco. Lucius would visit me at times," she told him. {I can't imagine that.} "Have a seat Narcissa. Join us," I told her. She gave me a smile.

She sat down in a chair and poured her some tea. "Thank you dear," she said to me. I gave her a nod and poured myself more tea. "What are you doing here mother?" Draco asked her. "I was here to see her parents but, they seemed to have went out somewhere. So I came looking for Pearlina," she explained to him.

"Me?" I was a bit surprised. She looked at me and gave me a nod. "I was hoping to hear some things about your birth mother. Her mother must look a lot like you," she said to me. "My father says I look like her," I said to her.

"Do you have a picture?" she asked me. I gave her a nod. I turned my head to see one of the family's house elf. "Tully." The house elf walked over to me. "Yes young mistress," she said to me. I never treated the house elves baldly like my stepmother.

"Do you mind getting me my album?" I asked her. "Certainly," she said and apparated away. In a blink of an eye, she came back with my album. I took the album in my hands. "Thank you," I said. Tully bowed and walked away to do other chores.

I turned the page and showed Draco and Narcissa my mother.

"She does look a lot like you," Draco said to me. "She still looks the same. Mermaids don't really age,"  I told them. Draco gave me a smile. "So I guess you won't be aging fast either," he told me. "I don't know about that," I told him.

Narcissa turned the pages of the album. "My...I have to say that you did go through a transformation," she told me. {Don't remind me.} "I read that the transformation is painful," Draco said. {How does he know?}

Draco looked at me. "I got curious," he said to me. "It is painful. Luckily, my mother and brother helped me through it. I didn't even recognize myself after. I looked like a completely different person. I actually missed my old appearance for a good week," I explained to them.

"How bad was the pain?" he asked me. I looked at him. "Probably worse than the forbidden curse. You know which one," I told him and took a sip of my tea. "What do you look like when you transform into a mermaid?" he asked me.

"I look like my mother almost." "Can I see?" he asked me. Narcissa raised an eyebrow. "Draco...." "I don't really feel like it. Plus, I only change when I feel like I need to," I told him. "So you change in the bathtub in Hogwarts the whole time?" he asked me curiously.

I shook my head. "I had a pool in my dorm. Dumbledore designed it so that I would think that I was in the ocean," I told him. "Where?" Draco didn't get it. "I had a stairway that goes down to the pool. You can't really see it outside the castle," I explained to him.

Draco was very curious today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the long wait everyone. I have been busy with other stories. Plus, I wanted to take a little break from this story as I was having a bit of a road block. Also, sorry if the chapter isn't good. I literally wrote this because people kept asking me for an update. I wrote this in an hour.