Chapter 27: New Start....New School

Disclaimer: everything besides Pearlina and her family belong to J. K. Rowling.

Vote and comment.

-------------------------------------------

I had to say that things were very different after my mother made the announcement to everyone in the kingdom. Pretty much, I had to meet dignitaries from all over the world. I had to say that they were happy to meet me.

Phorcyser had sent a personal letter to me. It was very formal. He introduced himself to me. I didn't know what to think of the letter. From the letter, he seemed to resent me. I wasn't going to make judgement about him until I met him in person.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So this must be it."

I was standing in front of the magic school. It was the Humaliwo Institute of Magics. The location was very secluded from the rest of Malibu. The place was covered with trees and wild flowers. The building was very modern.

I walked through the gate and made my way to the main building. To my surprise, there was a long fountain/pond that was in front of the main building. When I reached the main building, a woman stood there.

She gave me a nice smile. "You must be Pearlina. I'm Clephoa McAnany. Headmistress of the school," she introduced herself to me. "Nice to meet you," I said to her. She gave me a nod. She led me into the building to see a boy standing near the grand stairs.

"This boy is Matthias Mitchell. He will give you the tour," she said to me. I gave her a nod. She left me with the boy. The boy looked at me with a smile. "You can leave your bags there. The house elves will get them to your room," he said to me.

I gave him a nod and set my bags down. "I'll give you the tour right now," he said to me. I gave him a nod and followed him. He showed me around the place. The place was way bigger in the inside than the outside.

On the outside, it was a two story mansion. Inside, it was almost as big as Hogwarts. He showed me to the Meeting Hall where we ate and study, different classrooms, kitchen for midnight stacks, and a few other places.

"On the weekends, we are able to go to the main city and go to the beach. This is an open campus," he told me. "That's interesting," I said to him. "My favorite part is that in the back, we have a Quidditch pitch," he said to me.

The words made me flinch. {Flying...} He raised an eyebrow at me. "Let me guess, didn't pass flying," he said to me. "How do you know?" I asked him. "Your face says it. Maybe I can help you with that," he said to me.

"Maybe," I said to him. We made our way back to the Meeting Hall to have lunch. We sat down at a table and got some food. We were eating tacos that we had to make on our own. I made some fish tacos for myself.

"Hey Matthias." We turned our heads to see a girl who had a bit of a long canine teeth.""Hi Wilma," he said to her. She sat next to him. "So this must be the new girl. The half mermaid I mean," she said to me. {She knows!} "Yeah. Her name is Pearlina," he said to her. She gave me a smile.

"I"m Wilma Lunar. I'm half werewolf. Half witch," she said to me. {She's a half breed too.} I gave her a small smile. "Hi. I'm Pearlina Wideacre," I introduced myself to her. "No need to be afraid here. We accept everyone from different beings. We have a lot of half breeds here than you think," she said to me.

"Really?" I was surprised to hear it.

They pointed me to the different people in the room. Part goblins, Part giants, Part vampires, Part werewolves, and Part Veela. "You are actually the very first part mermaid that we had in the school," Wilma told me.

"That makes me very special," I said to her. "Exactly," Matthias said to me. They really made me feel better about myself. {Guess I'm not the only one.} We spent the rest of the day talking and learning about each other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday........

"Come on Pearlina! Wake up! You don't want to stay in bed all weekend do you?"

I had to say that the new school was way different than Hogwarts. The major difference was that students weren't sorted into houses. They didn't like competition. Also, they didn't use wands here. They believe that magical beings should harness their inner powers.

I was in the same dorm room with Wilma. I felt comfortable with her.

"Alright but, what are we doing?" I asked Wilma sleepily. She pulled the covers off of me. "We are going to the beach. It'll be fun. Make sure to wear your swimsuit," she told me and ran to the bathroom to get ready herself.

I got up from the bed and walked to the window. I could see the beach from the distance. It was a very nice day out. "A great day for a swim," I said to myself.

"You said it."

I turned around quickly to see Matthias ready to go. I was still in my pajamas. I grabbed my pillow and threw it at him. "GET OUT!" I yelled at him. "Alright I'm going but, after the beach, I'm teaching you how to fly," he said to me and closed the door behind him.

I let out a sigh.

{Good luck with that.}

After getting ready, we took the bus to the beach. People took spots on the beach. "I see a spot near that sand dune. It'll give us some shade," Matthias told us. We walked over to the sand dune and set out our spot.

"How about we go surfing Pearlina?" he said to me. "I never surfed in my life," I told him. He gave me a smile. "It's easy. I'll show you the basics," he said to me. He spent an hour showing me the basics of surfing. It didn't seem to bad.

"Lets go in the water now," he suggested to me. I followed him into the water. The water felt just right that I didn't need to wear a wet suit. "Try going on the board," he instructed me. I got onto the board but, I fell into the water in a second.

I surfaced and took a deep breath. "It's harder than it looks," I said to him. "Try again," he told me. I gave him a nod and tried to surf. For two hours, I tried to surf. I managed to make some progress. I had to say that it was fun. In the last hours, I was surfing very well.

"You are a pro now," he said to me.

I gave him a smile. "It's all thanks to you," I said to him.

"Matthias! Pearlina! Lets go have some lunch!"

We could hear Wilma from the water.

"Coming Mom!" Matthias yelled back at her. It made me laugh.

"I heard that!"