Chapter 21: Final Reading of Family

Disclaimer: everything besides Pearlina and her family belong to J. K. Rowling.

Vote and comment.

Page 3 of family tree

Sorry if picture is bad quality.

-------------------------------------------

September 1st......

It was time for me to go back to Hogwarts. My father wasn't able to help me pack my things because he was busy at the ministry. My stepmother was busy with her own life so I ended up packing my things myself.

In the morning, I had my breakfast of eggy bread and milk. "Well, it's time to go," my father said to me. "Okay," I said to him and finished my cup of milk. "Sweetie. I need to go to Diagon Alley to get something. I won't be able to go with you," Morgana said to him.

He looked at her. "Alright. I'll see you later," he said and got up from his seat. I followed my father out of the dining room and to the living room. My stuff was already placed in the fireplace. We flooed to King's Cross Station.

We walked onto the platform and gave my stuff to the handler. I looked around to see if I could find the Golden Trio or Draco. So far, I didn't see them. "I have to go Pearlina. The Minister needs me at his office," he said to me.

"Okay. I understand," I said to him. He gave me a big hug and kissed me on the forehead. "Have fun," he said to me. "I will," I said to him and walked into the train. I walked to the back to my personal compartment and sat in my seat.

The train sounded the horn and we were off. I sat in my seat and started to read more about my family history of mermaids.

"According to the book, Amitafia was more concerned about pollution of the sea. She would travel across the world using her powers to improve the health of the ocean. It took her a few years to make the oceans healthy."

{Seems like mermaids with Aquaria use their power for good or do something very significant.}

"Amitafia's granddaughter, Salacia, inherited the power. Unlike her predecessors, she was able to make Oceantis thrive trade with other mermaids across the world. Mermaid culture was able to spread in the deepest oceans and even in the mainland as well."

"That's interesting. Wonder what else is there," I said to myself and flipped the pages. I saw something that caught my eyes.

"After the death of Teus, there was a conflict about the succession. Teus had twin daughters, Vaporina and Foamora. Their mother Thysus chose, Vaporina to rule Oceantis since she was the oldest child. Since the twins were still children, Thysus had to rule as regent until Vaporina was old enough to rule."

{Hm.....I didn't think mermaids could have twins.}

"After the death of Thysus, Vaporina as considered old enough to rule. Even though she was instilled with knowledge and education to rule over the mermaids, she had neglected her duties. She cared more for fashion and luxuries. In a year, Oceantis was becoming weak."

Around the same time, Foamora witnessed the ways her own sister ruled. She was disgusted by her sister's addiction to luxury. Many mermaids wanted Vaporina overthrown. Foamora traveled across the world gathering mermaids were would help her get the throne. The sisters fought a war that would last for five years. In the end, Foamora had won the war."

{That's good for her.}

"Vaporina was sentenced to exile and sent to the deepest waters of the ocean. Nobody knew about her fate. Foamora was crowned Queen of Oceantis. Everyone rejoiced that she was queen and knew that she would rule well."

{Good things I'm not descended from her.}

"First duty on the throne, she tried to fix oceantis before her sister had came to the throne. Foamora was able to manage to return Oceantis to it's former glory. In a year, she had gave birth to an heir, Thaumon who would have a daughter, Clarissa who would inherit the power of Aquaria."

{Yay! Wonder what they say about my mother.}

"Clarissa was known for her intelligence of the ocean, culture, and foreign affairs. In fact, she impressed her parents by helping them in their royal duties that included passing different laws and being involved with foreign affairs with the wizards on the mainland. At the age of thirteen, she showed her powers of Aquaria. In the future, she is destined to rule Oceantis."

I closed the book. "Wow. That's my whole history I guess," I said to myself. The book stopped at when my mother was a early teenager. {Wonder what mom is like now.} I knew that I was going to read the book again in the future.

Knock...knock....

{That should be Draco.} Draco was the only one who knew about my compartment. I got up from my seat and opened the door to see Draco who was standing there. He gave me a smile. "I knew that you would be here," he said to me. I gave him a smile in return.

I let him into my compartment and gave him some treats from my snack shelf. "I didn't see you at the platform," he said to me as he sat on the seats. "My dad had to go to the ministry so he dropped me off. I got on the train and waited for the train to go," I told him.

"Oh...I would think that you father is busy since he is always next to the minister," Draco told me. He was right. My father would always need to be next to the minister's side. Draco looked down at my book.

"You still reading that?" he asked me. I took the book and packed it in my bag. "Yeah. I'm done with it," I told him. "You really like reading about mermaids don't you. I remember that you have a lot of mermaid books in your room. Why?" he asked me.

I looked at him. I couldn't tell him the truth.

"I have my reasons," I said to him. He didn't ask me a follow up question. It surprised me. I guessed my talk with him at Diagon Alley affected him. He knew what to say and not to say to me. In a way, it was a relief.

I looked out of the window and watched the scenery go by. Over the train ride, Draco and I would talk about classes. He felt bad that I had to redo flying. He said that he was going to help me when he had the time.

At nightfall, we managed to reach HOgwarts. I made sure to change into my robe. We made our way to the great castle of Hogwarts.