Arguments with a Weasley, Outrages from a Granger, and the Make Up of Both

Hermione POV
News had passed through Hogwarts fast. Harry and Victoria were missing, they lost a sister they never knew about, and everyone was taking it hard. Especially Ron.

"My best friend." He said, rocking on his feet with his arms wrapped around his knees in a corner. "And his very hot sister." More pathetic hiccuping and sobbing. "Gone." His already high-pitched voice squeaked.

I rolled my eyes. "Buck up, Ronald." I stated. "Buck up?" He asked sarcastically, standing up. "Buck up?" He questioned again. "That's what I said, isn't it?" I asked. "And you say that I have the emotional range of a teaspoon." He snapped at me.

"Calm down Ron." I said. "Calm down? Buck up? How can I do either when my best friend and his sister are missing, possibly dead?!" He shrieked.

"And yet the better question is, why are you calm? Do you not care?" He asked me. I hugged in annoyance. "Well," I breathed my words. "Somebody has to stay mature enough in situations like this."

"My best friend-"

"Honestly Ronald! Have you forgotten that he's my best friend too? This doesn't just affect you!" I yelled.

"You act like you don't even care! Our best friends are probably cold, starving, and possibly dead-"

"I'm fully aware of the situation at hand." I growled. "Then act like it!" He barked at me. "Don't tell me what to do! We all handle our pain and grief differently!" I shouted back.

"Grief?! He's not dead Hermione. How could you have given up hope!?" He asked. "Who says I did? Maybe I know my best friend is still alive. I'm not questioning either of their abilities to handle themselves. Unlike you." I snapped.

"Well you know what?" He said, his eyes holding a puzzled look, as if he didn't have a comeback.

"What Ronald? Enlighten me! I'm just dying to know!" I said. "Shut up Hermione! When did you become the mother? Or the bully? Or the teacher? How about you start being a friend?" Ron said.

I drew back, surprised. Anger bubbled within me. "You know what Ron? I am a crappy friend. You're completely right! I didn't get petrified two years ago to find out what the Basilisc was to save people. I didn't help at all! I wish I didn't  bail you out of situations with mad teachers. I wish I didn't  defend you when Malfoy was a jerk. And I certainly regret  helping you get your head out of the bowl a week ago." I yelled.

Ron looked at the floor. "I'm sorry Hermione." I hugged and walked to the couch in the common room and sat on it. Rain was pounding outside and the room was lit up by the soft glow of the fire place. It's crackling substituted for the awkward silence.

Ron sat next to me on the couch and I pulled my knees up to my chest. "I'm sorry for calling you all those things." He finally said. "I deserved it." I replied.

"No, you didn't. If it weren't for you Hermione, both Harry and I would have been killed by you-know-who, and if not by him, we probably would have been run over my a car or something." He half laughed.

I gave a forced laugh.

"Are you ok?" He asked me. "No," my voice cracked. "Me neither." He said. "I miss him. Both of them." I stated sadly and tears rolled down my cheeks. "Me too Mione."

I leaned over and rested my head on his shoulder. "Me too." He whispered once again. And I felt myself drift off to sleep, to the melody of crackling fire and pounding rain.