ιnтrodυcтιonѕ

"Sakura, please get up! You're already behind schedule and I don't want you to be late!" Mebuki pulled the covers off of her daughter and yanked her out of bed.

Mebuki frowned at her lethargic movements. "Come on! Do you even realize what time it is? Get dressed or you'll be in a mess of a trouble!" She stomped to the door and slammed it behind her.

Sakura stumbled sleepily to her closet and pulled out her new uniform. At the beginning of every school year, Sakura always felt a strange sense of dread. She never wanted to get out of bed and her stomach would twist in knots on the walk to school. It was always the same. However, she was happy to be enrolled in Konoha High School. It was an elevator school so she never had to take entrance exams during elementary and middle school.

She pulled her knee socks on and slipped into her worn-out loafers. She met with her mother at the foot of the stairs.

"Here's your bento and backpack. Now hurry up and go or you'll be late!" Mebuki pushed Sakura out the door and closed it behind her.

Sakura cursed under her breath and checked the time on her wristwatch.

8:17 A.M. She only had thirteen minutes before school started! She raced down the streets, dodging oncoming men and women.

If she's late on her first day of high school, she most likely would hold a bad reputation with her fellow students and teachers.

Not paying attention to her surroundings, Sakura ran through a crosswalk as a car was speeding forward. The driver, distracted, didn't notice the girl that would soon be crashing into his car. She turned to the car and screamed. She closed her eyes tightly and felt herself land on the hard pavement.

"Are you alright?" a concerned voice asked. Sakura's eyes opened slowly and noticed a boy hovering over her. His onyx eyes stared intently at the schoolgirl. She nodded her head and the boy presented a hand to help her up.

His appearance seemed familiar, but she couldn't match a name to his face. He wore the male uniform of her school, but his collar was a dark red representing a third year. He picked up her bento and placed it in her small hands.

"Hopefully that didn't get ruined." he commented. The sound of the school bell rang in the distance and the two exchanged glances.

He patted her head and smiled softly. "Don't be worried, I'll escort you there."

She hesitated for a moment, but accepted the gesture.

As they entered school, they walked to their designated lockers and stepped into their slippers. She ran to the board and searched for her name.

Sakura Haruno - Class 2 - A

The boy stepped behind her and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Let's go to the auditorium. That's where Tsunade-sama and the other students will be waiting."

Sakura took an empty seat near the door and the mysterious, young man joined her. "Shouldn't you be sitting with your class?" This was her first time actually speaking to him - damn her shyness towards strangers.

"It's not that big of a deal." he stated.

Tsunade walked in the center of the stage. "Another year... Another new group of faces. As the principal of Konoha High School, I hope to show the first years that their hopes and dreams can be achieved by hard work and determination. Also, cultivating friendships will help the next three years to be exciting and endearing. Please take time to join clubs and study! I will now let the Student Council President share a few words to conclude the entrance ceremony!"

"Entrance ceremony? We don't even have to do anything, but register for another year. " Sakura thought to herself.

She was surprised as the boy beside her stood up.