golden weeĸ parт 2

Sakura awoke to the sound of chattering from downstairs. She rose from her bed and walked down the stairs. "Mom, can you turn down the tv? It's really loud." she complained.

Mebuki met her daughter at the end of stairs and furrowed her brow in confusion. "The tv isn't on, Sakura." she answered. Sakura peeped over the stairs and screamed in horror as the Student Council members sat politely at her table.

She stomped over and screamed again, "What the hell are you doing in my house?!"

Itachi sipped his cup of tea. "We walked over here and your mother invited us in."

"We've been here for over an hour." Deidara added.

Kisame glanced at her cherry-themed pajamas and laughed, "Nice pajamas."

Hidan looked across the table and grinned, "I like them! I'm going to start calling you Cherry-chan!"

She slapped her hand to her forehead and let out an exasperated sigh, "You guys are really pissing me off! I need to study, so you need to leave!"

"But we were invited in. You should be more courteous to your house guests." Sasori scolded.

Sakura gave up and sat in the corner of the room, reading over a few pieces Kakashi-sensei assured that were going to be on the test.

Mebuki placed another tray of drinks on the table and smiled as they thanked her. "It's so sweet that you all wanted to visit my little Sakura! I didn't know she was a member of the Student Council. Do you know how her grades are doing?"

Itachi picked up the second glass and set it down on the coaster. "She has excellent marks in Literature and History, but she is slacking in math."

Sakura shut the book and placed it in her lap, "How do you know that?!"

He placed his empty glass on the tray and faced her. "As president, I need to make sure all the members of the Student Council are excellent, well-rounded individuals. They need to act as role-models for the younger students."

Mebuki smiled approvingly. "Such a responsible, young man!" she boasted.

Sasori agreed, "Yes, he's known for his many nicknames as well: President Uchiha, Ladies' Man Itachi and The Gro-"

"You know I am starving! Do you possibly have anything to eat?" Itachi interrupted, the heat returning to his face.

Mebuki stroked her chin, thinking of what she could cook easily for the handsome boys sitting in front of her. "We usually have something relatively easy to make in the morning. I can go cook up some miso soup - I'll be back in a flash!"

Sakura continued studying as the boys slurped down the warm soup. After they finished, Mebuki collected all the dishes on the tray and presented them to Sakura.

"Honey, I have to go run some errands, can you do the dishes?" Mebuki didn't wait for an answer and handed her the dirty dishes. Sakura groaned and walked to the kitchen carefully. The boys continued talking about school and home life while she turned the faucet and filled the sink with water.

"One of us should help Sakura do the dishes." Deidara whispered.

"Why? It's her house." Sasori muttered.

None of the five boys volunteered, so Deidara rose from the table. Sakura continued washing dishes and was pleasantly surprised to find Deidara rinsing the sudsy dishes and stacking them in the drainboard.

"Thanks." she beamed.

Deidara smiled back, "It's no problem. I hate doing dishes, but I hate doing them by myself even more."