вσηυs: ραят σηε

Returning to school for last semester was hard. Sleeping in and wasting time having fun always made the days go faster to Sakura. She moved with little motivation around her house, trying to find her loafers and forgetting where she placed her bag.

As she brushed her hair, she heard a knock at the door. Glancing at the clock, it was too early for a delivery or for her father to return home. She opened the door, Sakura's eyes set upon Itachi as he stood idly on her door step.

"Good morning, Itachi-kun," she greeted.

Itachi waved at her, smiling. "Good morning. Sorry, am I interrupting your preparations?"

She shook her head, stuffing her brush in her bag and zipping it. "No, I was about to leave." Sakura swung the straps over her shoulders and met Itachi outside.

"Sakura-chan." Itachi averted his eyes, his smile softening just the slightest. "Is it still appropriate of me to walk with you to school?"

Now that she was dating Sasori, she was expecting to see a difference in the boys' behavior. "No, it's fine. We're heading the same way, right?" She gave him a reassuring smile and he nodded.

They spoke casually about the ending school year and final exams fastly approaching. As she vented about her grades, Itachi gazed down at her. If he could put the Sakura he had met on the first day side-by-side to Sakura now, there would be nothing he could compare between them. She was more outgoing, confident.

In a way, he thought that maybe they helped change her too.

Her cell phone buzzed in her coat's pocket. "Sasori-kun texted me."

"What did he say?" Mood-breaker.

Morning. Ihave some news to share with you so ill meet you at the doors.

"He's got some news to tell me. Hopefully it's good," she fretted.

Itachi repositioned the straps on his backpack. "I'm sure it is. How are the two of you doing?" he asked.

"We haven't spent a lot of time together since the New Year's Festival, but we've talked over the phone. I had to go to my relative's house with my parents, so they could catch up." Sakura said glumly. It was torture. She had just gotten together with Sasori, but she had to go visit with older people for the rest of the break!

Passing through the gate, her expression brightened as her eyes settled on her boyfriend's red, messy hair. Itachi and Sakura climbed the steps to meet him. Sasori shot the Uchiha a 'this-is-private' look, grabbing hold of her hand.

Of course, Itachi thought irritated.

"I'll see you later, Sakura-chan," he said, walking briskly into the school.

Sakura, noticing the agitation fixed in Sasori's eyes, became worried. "Are you upset that I walked with Itachi-kun?" she asked.

Sasori snapped out of his thoughts. "Hm? Oh, no, I just wanted to talk to you privately." Together, they stepped inside to the rows of cubbies holding their school slippers. "I got a job at the local convenience store," he announced, "and when I save up enough money, I'll be moving into my own place."

"Sasori-kun, that's so awesome! I'm so happy for you!" She wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly.

He smiled at her. "Then you can come visit me any time you'd like," he stated.

"I can even come over in the morning and make you breakfast," she added, truly excited for him.

"It won't take me long to save up the necessary amount. I'm already looking into a few places that are pretty cheap. By the next school year, I'll probably have enough."