вσηυs 2|| ραsт, ρяεsεηт, αη∂ ғυтυяε

Sakura savored the taste of her breakfast, taking in the rare moments where she had time to spare before school. Kizashi sipped at his morning coffee, reading the newspaper. It was also one of the more rarer moments when Kizashi didn't have to run to work so early.

At a glance, he hadn't noticed, but the color caught his eye. "Where'd you get that necklace?" he asked.

She touched the pendant, unsure if she should tell him. Mebuki presented Kizashi his breakfast, a plate of cooked rice, a poached egg, and diced beef. "Her boyfriend gave it to her," she answered for her.

"Mom!" What a loud mouth she was!

Kizashi furrowed his brow. "Boyfriend? Aren't you a little young to be dating?"

"You and Mom started dating in middle school," she shot back.

That was fair. "Well, it better not be that Uchiha kid," he said, taking a large bite of the poached egg.

"His name is Sasori Akasuna. A real cutie." Mebuki revealed.

"Stop telling him everything!" Sakura shouted.

Mebuki laughed, setting her hands on her husband's shoulders. "But it's so true! He's nice, handsome, and takes care of Sakura." She bent forward, kissing his cheek. "Just like my Kizashi!"

He brought his hand over hers. "Like I said, as long as he isn't Fugaku's son then I'm fine with it."

Sakura was curious. Her father all ways seemed so hostile when Itachi's name was involved, but she never knew why. Even a whisper could set him off on a tangent about 'that horrible Uchiha family'. "Dad, what is it about Itachi's family that you don't like? They seem really nice to me," she asked.

Kizashi flipped to the next page of the paper. "You've met his father, right?" Sakura nodded. "That asshole has been my rival since my freshman year of high school. Fugaku was great at a lot of things, I'll admit. His grades were better than mine, he had a lot of friends, and he could get any girl he wanted without a worry. Ow, ow, ow!" He squirmed as Mebuki pulled on his ear, twisting it.

"That's not something to be proud of to jump around girls, is it, dear?" she hissed.

"Agh! Yes, you're right! Please, let go of my ear!" he cried out. She released him then waltzed out of the kitchen, moving on to start her list of chores for the day. Sakura snickered; she liked their dynamic.

Making sure Mebuki was out of earshot, Kizashi turned back to Sakura, his voice low, "Believe it or not, but your mom was a total yankee back then."

"Mom?!" Sakura couldn't believe her own mother was a delinquent at school.

He nodded, a smile spreading across his lips. "It's true. She didn't like rules, but she liked me. Mebuki was all ways getting into trouble, even on the first day of high school. One of the teachers caught her smoking in the girls bathroom after prying the door open! She wedged it shut with a yardstick!"

"No way! Mom was that bad? What if they expelled her? Wouldn't she care?" If she were to do something like that, Mebuki wouldn't hesitate to beat her ass and go on and on about being a respectful, obedient student. What a world.

Kizashi's expression grew serious. "She got close to it, but one of the Class Representatives suggested a lesser punishment. They agreed and Mebuki was ordered to clean the entire first floor's classrooms for six total months with supervision."

"Wow, that was really nice of the rep to do that! Who was it?" Sakura asked.

"It was Fugaku."

That took her by surprise. "Then why don't you like him? He saved Mom from expulsion." Shouldn't he have been grateful to him?