wнaт тнe нell нave ι done?

Itachi was confused by the strange stares he was receiving. He walked through the street carrying the bag of groceries while heading to his next destination - home. The people staring at him were students he recognized from school, but he couldn't hear their hushed whispers.

He walked through the door and was greeted by an empty home.

"Why make me pick up groceries if you're not going to stay home?" he asked aloud. He placed the bag on the kitchen counter and found a note taped to the refrigerator.

"Itachi,

Went out with Sasuke to Oto. We'll be back the same time as Dad, okay?

Love you,

Mom."

Itachi crumpled the note in his hand and wondered to himself. Why would they go to Oto? The only place it was known for was its academy and only snotty, rich kids attended it. His cellphone vibrated in his pocket and the Uchiha held it to his ear.

"What is it, Hidan?"

Hidan laughed through the phone. "Did you forget? We have a meeting about the Cultural Festival today. We're all waiting for your ass!"

Shit.

Itachi sighed, "Yeah, I'll be down there in a minute. Tell them I'm sorry for being late."

Hidan agreed and both hung up. Itachi stuffed his phone in his pocket and continued to think of the reasons they would go to Oto. It wasn't that big of a deal that they went, but he felt uneasy about the trip.

"They have that diner, but it wouldn't be something they would go all the way there for. Damn, why can't I remember what they have there? Oh, they also have that Art Museum. Maybe Mom dragged Sasuke there."

As he walked to their meeting place at the park, he continued to receive stares from students that past him.

"Do you need something, Akari-san?" he asked politely as a freshman stared rudely.

The girl blushed and stepped away from the senior. "I'm sorry, Uchiha-kun. I didn't mean to be rude, but I was wondering if Sasuke-kun was still going to attend Konoha High School."

Itachi's eyes widened as the girl continued to speak as if he knew about the news. "I wanted to ask, but I thought it was a rumor and was really scared if it wasn't. I didn't want to pry into your family affairs."

He forced a smile on his face and placed his hand on the girl's shoulder. "It's fine, Akari-san. Don't worry about it, okay?"

The girl's face brightened and she bowed respectfully to her upperclassman. "Goodbye Uchiha-kun!"

He waved until she turned away and immediately dashed over to his friends. What did she mean by 'still going to attend'? It doesn't make sense! His parents would have told him about this. Then again, Sasuke and Itachi haven't been very friendly to each other since Itachi's first year of high school. They barely spoke, causing their parents more worry than necessary, but their relationship couldn't be fixed.

"Hey, Itachi-kun," Kisame greeted.

Itachi nodded and sat down at the old, picnic table. "Now, let's begin the preparations for the Cultural Festival. What are the clubs' assets, Kakuzu-kun?"

As Kakuzu ran through the list of numbers, Itachi's eyes wandered around the park. He used to come here often as a child when Sasuke was still a baby. Although other kids would invite him to play, he would rather stick next to his mother and baby brother. He would beg her to let him hold Sasuke and became ecstatic when he was able to.