sℓιρρε∂

Deidara held his breath as he hid himself behind one of the trees in the park. His stomach jumped into his throat and his skin burned with anger. How could this happen? His blue eyes darted to Sakura and Utakata at the swings - waiting to hear her response.

Sakura's mind went completely blank. She never expected, after only a few days of talking, she would ever be asked out - especially by someone so good-looking. She placed her hands over his and gripped them tightly.

"Uta-kun... I would love to date you." She answered.

Deidara almost collapsed to the ground in sheer shock. For once in his life, his entire being was crushed and the feeling made him nauseous. Sakura, the girl of his dreams, the one that could make him laugh over the silliest things just accepted? With his trembling hands, Deidara dialed Sasori's number and stood against the tree for support.

"What's up?" Sasori greeted.

"I need to see everyone from the club as soon as possible. This is an emergency. Don't invite Sakura-chan." His voice shook as he spoke.

Sasori grew concerned. "Did something happen?"

"Just trust me, Sasori. This is really important." Deidara finished the conversation by informing him to meet at the house. After he hung up, Deidara turned back in disgust to watch Sakura and Utakata.

"How about we go to Ichiraku? I'll pay for everything!" Utakata promised, pulling Sakura from the swing.

Sakura stood timidly. "I don't know... Would it be a date?"

"Look how nervous she is... She's too innocent for a guy like that!" Deidara thought angrily, grinding his teeth.

Utakata patted her on the head and smiled affectionately down at the freshman. "Sure, it can be a date. After all, we are boyfriend and girlfriend now." He took her hand and the couple walked away.

Deidara gagged on the words he spoke. How could Sakura-chan accept him so quickly? Without even a thought! She could be clueless, but this was on the brink of insanity! Deidara made sure it was clear then ran off in the direction of home. If that was his reaction, he was afraid to see how the others would behave.

...

Deidara invited each of the boys in and guided them to his room. None of the others were sure what the emergency was, but Sasori made it clear that it was gravely serious. After the last member arrived, Deidara pushed them into his room and locked the door behind him.

"What the fuck is going on, Deidara? I was busy doing some homework!" Hidan complained.

Itachi sat on Deidara's folded futon. "Please, elaborate on this emergency meeting."

Deidara gazed around the room; hard, confused eyes staring back at him. "Sakura-chan... U-Utakata... He, well, she-" The anger returning caused his mind to jumble up in a disorganized mess.

"Spit it out, Deidara," Kakuzu ordered.

Deidara shut his eyes and let the words spill from his mouth. "Utakata asked Sakura to go out with him... and she said 'yes'!" His voice was much louder than he expected.

When he opened his eyes, the boys in the room all shared the same stunned expression. Itachi was hanging off the futon by the blunt statement while Hidan's jaw tightened and his fists shook.

"Please, tell me you're joking." Sasori's eyes remained fixated on the wooden floor.

"I would never joke about something this serious," Deidara replied.