тнε вℓσssσмιηg

"Are you studying for your exams?" Itachi asked, walking with the pinkette.

Sakura stretched and let a loud yawn escape her throat. "Yeah, all my classes seem really easy. So, what are we doing today for the Student Council?"

"During this time, we usually don't have much planned. We wait for other students and faculty members to ask us for assistance," Itachi answered.

"We never have anything planned. For a Student Council, we don't do much," She grumbled.

Itachi patted her shoulder and smiled. "What did you expect? Did you think we would be as important as Tsunade-sama?"

"I thought we would at least help a little more than what we actually do."

"Konoha High School has very organized students - they don't really need our help."

Sakura crossed her arms. "Why can't they be as stupid as Naruto?"

"Because not everyone was dropped on their heads when they were babies," Itachi joked. He pressed the crosswalk button and the two waited patiently to cross the moving street.

This was the exact street she had first met Itachi. If she hadn't been so oblivious and ignorant, she may never have spoken to him all year or had the chance to be a member of the Student Council.

"It's strange how the world works." She thought.

...

Sitting in her desk, she would occasionally catch Hinata staring at her and then swiftly turning away as if she hadn't noticed. Hinata scribbled on a piece of notebook paper and tore it quietly from the binding. She looked around to make sure no-one was looking and placed it on Sakura's desk - nudging her to get her attention.

"Read it, please," Hinata mouthed.

Sakura picked up the note and read silently to herself:

'I need to speak with the Student Council. Can I follow you to the room so I can explain my situation?'

The pinkette turned to the shy freshman and nodded in agreement. Hinata breathed out a relieved sigh and returned back to Kakashi's lesson.

Once the bell rang, Hinata tapped Sakura on the shoulder and smiled shyly. "Thank you, Sakura-chan."

"It's no problem. This is what we're supposed to do." Sakura said happily.

The two girls left their classroom and joined the Student Council in their meeting room. Itachi waved at the two warmly and waited for Sakura to explain.

"Hinata-chan needs to speak to us about something." Sakura sat down next to Kisame and opened her bento.

Hinata twiddled her thumbs as the blood rushed to her face. "I... w-w-wanted t-to ask you all... if I c-c-could..."

"Yeesh... Are we really that terrifying?" Deidara whispered to Sasori.

"Please, speak clearly, Hyuuga-san," Itachi ordered.

Hinata gulped and began again. "I w-w-wanted to ask if I c-could use you all in the Drama Club's play this weekend f-f-for the festival..." Her heart was pounding.

"Festival?" Sakura asked.

Kisame turned to her. "I'm guessing it's Konoha's Art and Trade Festival. Everyone in the city can attend and see all of the local artists and their works. They can sell their original material or just give it away. Sometimes they put on plays and stuff."