тнe new ѕaĸυra

Sakura stayed away from school for three days until she finally returned. Her club members were concerned, but they were unable to reach her. When they had walked to her home, Mebuki insisted they stay away due to Sakura being very ill.

"You think she'll come to school today?" Hidan asked Itachi as they sat in their usual spot before class started.

"I'm not sure. I didn't see her on my way here, but you never know." he replied.

Hidan leaned over the window and stared off into the street below. "She must really be sick if she's been gone for over three days... I hope I don't get sick - that'll fuckin' suck."

Itachi continued to twirl his pen around his fingers. He was disappointed that he couldn't tell her how much money they had made. He wished she could have joined in on the discussion of what they could do at their stall for the festival.

"Oh, shit! There she is." Hidan howled, pointing to the sidewalk leading to the school.

The other boys raced over to the window and saw the pinkette walking with her books held against her chest.

"She'll be late if she doesn't speed up," Kakuzu noted.

Hidan began walking to the door. "We should go talk to her," he hollered.

Itachi grabbed the collar of his shirt and shook his head. "She just returned to school after being sick, Hidan. Let's just wait until lunchtime to talk to her, okay?"

Hidan growled, but returned back to his seat - he just wanted to see his Cherry-chan.

"Hey, Sakura-chan, where have you been the past couple days?" Ino asked, curious.

Sakura continued to write down notes. "I haven't been feeling well." she lied.

Ino scrunched up her nose. "I bet your boyfriends are worried about you." she sneered.

The bell rang and Sakura stood from her desk. She grabbed her bento and walked towards the Student Council room. She could hear the bitterness in Ino's voice, yet she did nothing about it - she is just a joke to everyone.

She slid open the door and put on her best smile. "Hey, everyone." she greeted.

"Cherry-chan! How the hell are you feeling?" Hidan chortled.

Sakura sat down and opened her lunch. "I'm feeling very well today, thanks. So, what did I miss these past days?"

Itachi explained, "Well, we decided what we are going to do for the Cultural Festival. Most clubs are doing something that includes their club - obviously. So we decided to open a small cafe."

"What does that have to do with the Student Council?" Sakura asked, playing with the cherry tomato in her bento.

"I'm happy you asked, Sakura-san. We will be given the roles that are best suited to our own on the Student Council. Kisame and myself will be coordinating the event. Sasori and Hidan will be the hosts - guiding people to their tables. Kakuzu will set prices and take in the money. Deidara will be cleaning up while also cooking with Kisame and I-"

"And I'll be the waitress," she finished.

Itachi blinked. "Why... yes, Sakura-san. We wanted you to pick out your uniform since we didn't know what you'd prefer. We'll be using the Council's funds for the stall, of course, so pick one you really like." He presented her with a catalog filled with stereotypical maid outfits or diner girl costumes.

Before she could look through, a knock came from beyond the door. Itachi slid the door open. "Oh, Mizuki-sensei, what do you need?"

"I just need to borrow Sakura for a moment." he replied, a smile on his face.