wιтн wнo?

(Two days later at Konoha High School)

"Why does she need a new friend? Aren't we good enough?" Deidara asked, unsure of the idea.

Itachi shook his head. "No, we have to try and find a female friend. I've read in some teenage girl magazines that they often confide in other girls. We may be able to push Sakura-chan into the direction we want to. If that is possible, we'll become boyfriend material!" He raised his fist triumphantly.

"Why are you acting so dramatic today?" Sasori asked.

"Well, I borrowed some Shoujo manga books from the library and the male protagonist often strikes poses and acts very flamboyant," he replied, pulling out the books.

"Back to the discussion, Itachi-kun?" Kisame suggested, pushing the books back to the president.

Itachi cleared his throat. "I texted Sakura-chan to meet us here so we can have the entire discussion as a club, but I will say that if she does make a new friend, this person will, obviously, not be allowed to be a member of the Student Council. Their position will only be used as someone to receive information from Sakura-chan and then back to us. We mustn't explain that part to Sakura-chan though. Deal?"

Hidan acted uncomfortably with the idea. "You promise that this will make all of our chances better?"

"I wouldn't lie to you," Itachi assured.

They formed a circle and joined hands in the center. "Now, when Sakura-chan arrives we'll tell her of our concerns!" Itachi announced.

"What are guys doing? Some kind of Student Council ritual?" Sakura joked, walking towards the group.

"Actually, Sakura-chan, we wanted to talk about something with you," Itachi began, pulling the girl into the group.

"About what?" she asked, slightly nervous.

"We decided it would be best if you had at least one girl friend," Itachi stated.

Sakura laughed and spoke in a teasing manner, "Oh? Are you guys not good enough for me?"

"That's what I said!" Deidara yelled.

"It's not that, Sakura-chan. It's just that we're boys and we don't know all the stuff girls go through and thought it would be best if you had at least one girl to talk to," Itachi reasoned.

Sakura thought for a moment and shrugged her shoulders with indifference. "It doesn't matter to me, really. If you guys want to, I can find a girl to hang out with."

Itachi pulled out a notebook and flipped to a page. "Thank you, Sakura-chan. Now, we've already got an idea for some girls to apply for the position as your -"

"Wait, wait, wait! You can't just apply to be a friend! It just happens, you know?" Sakura broke in.

Itachi blinked. "We only want the best for you. What if some girl wasn't the right fit? We're going to make them fill out a simple survey that has your likes and dislikes on it and other interests."

Kakuzu rested his hand on Sakura's shoulder. "Trust us, Sakura-chan."

The girl heaved a heavy sigh. "Fine, but I'm not entirely sure if this is right."

"It's okay, Sakura-chan. You can thank us later," Itachi replied.

The bell rang and they separated to their classes. Itachi, however, turned the corner to reach the principal's office. When Sakura took her seat, the intercom buzzed on and Itachi's voice rang out.

"Attention female students, this is the Student Council President, Itachi Uchiha. Sakura Haruno, a freshman, is in desperate need of a friend to share talks with. During lunch today, I will be handing out surveys that will possibly match you up with her, so please visit the Student Council room. Thank you for taking the time to listen to this announcement." The intercom shut off and the entire class turned to Sakura.