Chapter 5. I like the other brother better (Pt. 2)

Emily

I was about to leave the house fully knowing Keiran agreed on my proposal when Kayden stopped me.

"You're not leaving." He says pouting like a cute two year old boy. Gosh, it works wonders.

"Why not?" I asked picking up my bag from the floor smiling the least bit.

"Cause I want you to stay. Keiran's being his difficult self again. You said you'd be there whenever I needed you right?" He asked.

Okay. So now he's making it my duty to entertain him when he and his brother has problems. Nice.

"But I need to go home now. Mom's gonna be furious when she finds out I skipped dinner." I said.

"Okay. Let me come with you!" He says with enthusiasm I couldn't even comprehend. He's annoying but adorable at the same time.

"You're leaving Keiran, alone, with nothing to eat?" I said. He thought for while, even putting up his index finger at his chin to add to the effect. Then, as if a light bulb lit up in his head.

"Oh, I know! We'll bring him too!" He says.

I shook my head briskly, indicating how stupid the idea sounds. "He's not coming."

"Where am I headed anyway?" The person himself asks.

"To Emmi's house."

"Nowhere."

We both say at the say time. But apparently he listened to his brother more than he listened to me. "Oh. Cool." He smirks.

Shit is about to hit ceiling at my house.

So we arrived at my house that was just a three minute drive from theirs. The twins crammed at the back of my seat but Kai was more enthusiastic than Keiran who was pretty much silent the whole ride.

"We're here." I say getting out as well.

Both of them gets out as well and we enter my house. "Mom!" I shout.

"In here!" I heard her say from the kitchen.

"Hey mom. I.. Kinda.. Brought guests?" I say unsure of saying friends since Kai and I were friends but Kei and I weren't.

The twins popped out and entered the kitchen one by one which took my mom by surprise.

"Twins?" She said with wide eyes.

"Yes." Keiran and Kayden answer at the same time which caused my mom to smile.

"That's so adorable." Kai smiled at my mom but apparently, hearing the word adorable put a bad taste in Keiran's mouth. But he smiled nonetheless at my mother.

"I'm sorry about this but Emily.." My mom glares at me. "Didn't tell me we were having guests, can you guys wait for five more minutes? I'll make a few adjustments and additions to the pasta I was making."

Both of them nodded and I kissed my mom on the cheeks lightly before saying sorry and headed towards the living room with the twins. "Just sit down and relax. My mom's a fast cooker except when cooking beef wellington. That shit is time consuming."

Both of them sits down in front of the tv and I make a move to go upstairs to my room.

"I'll be upstairs, changing. Okay?" Kai nodded at me while Kei was so engrossed at the cooking show that was on tv. I don't know if he really likes to cook or it's because he's too shy to change the channel. Bad boys can be shy too right?

I quickly change into a white tank top and I paired it with shorts. I wasn't too keen on keeping up with my look so I didn't bother to do it. I just kept my face make up free and I put my long brown hair in a ponytail.