Chapter 8. Is it too late now to say sorry?

Emily

The doctor gave us a two thumbs up signal to go home, and now, I'm chillin' in my room, rewatching the Harry Potter series.

I was already halfway through the popcorn bucket, in within the thirty minute mark of the movie, when I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in." I say without taking my eyes off the screen.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a magic wand and try to pronounce a bunch of tongue twisting spells? Plus that British accent is just bliss to my ears.

I heard the door open and close and I felt my bed weigh down. I finally took my eyes off the screen and lo and behold Kei. "Oh, hey Kei."

That ryhmed! Hey. Kei. Haha.

He chuckled lightly and said, "Huh? It's me Kai."

So he's playing a game now?

"Uh-huh. Riiiiight." I say drawling my words.

He ruffled my hair and laughed. "That hurt Emmi. Do you really like Kei that much that all you see is him?"

Well, two can play at that game.

"I was just kidding Kai." I say playing on.

"That's more I like it." He says smiling, relaxing a little. He took the bait. Good.

"You're a good kisser by the way. I forgot to tell you that yesterday." I smirked.

Kai and I didn't really kiss. I just want to get a reaction and I succeeded. His face held a surprised look but he quickly shook it off as he notice me smiling at him.

"R-really?" He stammered.

Bingo! I hit something. Continue the assault Emily.

"Yes." I smile innocently.

His features suddenly turned dark and malicious. Like he was mad. But why?

"Something wrong Kai?" I say emphasizing Kai's name.

"No." He says.

He's slowly going back to his old one word answers self.

"Why does Kei get all the credit when apparently, you're so much better than him? I mean, you're a gentleman, a fun person to be with, and added to that is a bonus of a hella good kisser." I say.

"But Kei's better than me in some things." He says a bit defensive.

"But I don't think he's better than you in bed." I say winking.

I swear I saw him twitch his eye and that's when I lost it. I laughed like a lunatic.

"What's funny?" He asks.

"It's.. Just that.. Oh my god.. Wait." I say in between laughs.

He was clearly starting to get annoyed. "What's it Emily?"

He called me Emily. Busted!

"I know it's you Keiran. I just wanted to get a reaction out of you so that you'd quit this act you're putting up." I say wiping a tear in my eye due to laughing so much.

"But how?" He asks.

"I can tell between you two. So no matter how good you are at acting out as Kayden, I can always tell the difference. You can't fool me." I say.

"Oh." Was all he could say. Guilt was evident in his features and I'm sure it's not all because of his acting but something else.

"So what are you doing here?" I asked as my eyes zero back in on the movie. I knew he wouldn't come here without a reason.

"You still wanna tutor me?" He asked warrily.

"I thought you didn't need my tutoring." I say carefully, glancing between him and the screen cautiously.

He was silent for a while but finally broke the silence and said the thing I wasn't expecting, "I'm sorry."

"You don't need to be. I was partly at fault, I shouldn't have done that to you in front of your friends. I'm sorry."

He shook his head disbelievingly at me.

"Hey, I'm fine. Don't worry. Kai and I got it sorted with mom." I say smiling.

"Speaking of Kai.." He inched his face closer to mine. He was so close that I could see his eyes go a shade darker and his nose was almost touching mine. "You really think he's a better kisser than me?"

There he goes again! Invading my personal space.

"Uh.." I couldn't speak due to the close proximity between us. Damn, he's affecting my train of thoughts again.

"I would beg to differ." He smirked before his lips met mine.

•••••

Hi! It's me. Hehe. I just wanna inform you guys that this chapter has been revised so if you've read this before and you noticed the change, DO NOT PANIC.

I just fixed a few thing here and there. Added a few scenes here and there. But! Yes there's a but. But the plot is still the same.

I will explain everything in the next chapter so see you guys there!