Chapter 11. What do people do in a bookstore?

Emily

"So how did last night go?" My mom questions me as we ate breakfast.

"It went good." I say grinning as I remember the events last night.

I might or possibly might not have put Kayden to his doom.

As we reached downstairs, Keiran was fast to approach us. "What the hell were you doing in my room and why do you have a condom?" Keiran asks, not bothering to hide his irritation.

"We were having fun." I say not minding if it sounded perverted. Keiran can let his imagination run wild. After all, he did get kinky himself.

Jealous much?

No.

"Fun with Kayden, with a condom?" He raises an eyebrow with that. His eyes were a mixture of rage and something else I couldn't be sure. Jealousy? But why would he be jealous?

"All part of being in the secret service." Kayden says wrapping his arms around my shoulders. He leans in and whispers to my ears so only I could hear. "Wanna know Keiran's weakness?"

I looked at him not fully knowing the close proximity between us, his face was mere inches away from mine. We could almost kiss. "Uh.. Does he even have any?" I try to remain calm even under the close proximity.

He nods smiling cheekily. "He's jealous cause we're close. Use it against him, then you'll see that he likes you. And yes, he has the word 'like' in his dictionary."

We immediately break up as we heard someone cough violently. And by someone, I meant Keiran. He was clearly irritated. "Why don't I get you home now Emily?" It was clear he was fighting the urge to strangle someone and that's someone I don't wanna be.

"Kai can do that. I'll just go fix my things and well go, yea?" I ask looking at Kayden. He nods grinning like an idiot who has an inside joke repeating in his head.

I grabbed my stuff but not before rubbing alcohol in my hands. Even though I did have fun, I was still grossed out with touching a condom.

Kayden and I went outside and he drives me back home. "Here's my phone number. Text me. Keiran looked like he wants to strangle someone. Let me know it's not you." I say jokingly giving him my phone number.

"Okay." He says as he walks back to his car. "I'll let you know that he beat me up because of jealousy." He says laughing casually.

"Kai!" I shout back, chuckling.

He drives off and I went inside the house.

I was then put out of my reverie when I heard my mom say, "I'm off to go to this conferrence. I'll be gone for three days." My mom says with a sad face.

"Really? That's great. When?" I say feeling proud of my mom.

"Monday. But I don't wanna leave you alone. So, I'm thinking of not going." She says and my face sinks.

"But you need it. If you go to that conferrence, someone might find interest in you and the work you do. You're a great doctor mom. Any hospital would want you and I can't limit your potential just because I'll be left alone in the house." I say trying to ease her problem away. "I'll be fine." I assure her.

"You're sounding more of a mom than I am. Are you sure you'll be okay? I can always ask your Aunt Mila to accompany you while I'm gone." She says.

"It's okay mom. Besides, Aunt Mila's busy with the twins to babysit me." I say, trying to reaasure her.

My Aunt Mila, mom's sister, has twelve year old twin boys. They're so adorable and they will take every possible energy you have just to take care of them.