Chapter 9. Just the way you are

Emily

I was surprised, no, I was overwhelmed. Shit. Keiran just kissed me. He's my first fucking kiss! It took me a while to realize that it's really happening, but my lips started to move on their own accord and I respond to his kiss.

He raised his hands towards my face and cupped my cheeks. Our lips moved in sync and it was obvious that he was heating up. I could feel in it his hands. I felt it in his body, more importantly, I could feel his breathing on me.

He moved his body over mine but before things could get heated up I pulled away. We were both breathless so I tried my best to muster up my thoughts into words, "What was that for?"

He smirked at me and said, "As I've said, Keiran's better than Kayden in some things. And this is one of those things."

"But.." I said.

His brows knit in confusion, "But what?"

"Kayden and I really didn't kiss. I just said that to get a reaction out of you." I say touching my lips. "You're my first kiss." I say voicing out my thoughts.

"You stole my first kiss!" I say accusing him. I was trying my best to glare at him although I was blushing.

But instead of getting mad, he smirked at me instead. "I wouldn't wanna have it any other way then. Thanks for letting me steal your first kiss."

I blushed even harder, refusing to talk anymore. And at that moment, someone knocked my door. "Emily, Keiran, come down stairs now. Dinner's ready." My mom shouted.

I stood up and so did Kei. "Get out."

"Are you mad at me for.. Stealing your first kiss?" He says rushing to me.

I chuckled lightly. "No. Get out cause I'm changing."

He scratched the back of his head and said, "Oh." But he made no move to get out.

"So, will you get the hell out of my room now?" I say smiling at him.

"Oh. Right. I'm just.. Gonna tell your mom you're changing." He says and he steps out of my room.

I changed into an oversized shirt that belonged to my brother Jay and a short.

I immediately went downstairs to find Kai sitting down on the living room. "Dinner's ready Kai." I say to him and he looks at me with a huge grin on his face.

"I see you've forgiven him." He cheekily smiles at me.

"No shit sherlock." I say with the exact emotion he has.

"Did he use the 'I am Kai' trick on you?" He asks and I nod. "I knew he would do that. He was so uncomfortable about going up your room I figured he'd play that card on you. He uses that with mom all the time. Especially when he's done something wrong. He knew we were on good terms. You figured out it was him right away did you?" He asks.

"Yea. It was a no brainer." I grinned.

"That's why I like you. You know who's who, no offense to your mom though. Everybody's got us all mixed up and only you know who's Kai and who's Kei." He grins.

We reached the kitchen and saw that mom was chatting animatedly with Kei. "Oh, come on now darling. Sit." He says motioning Kai and I to sit down on the chairs and we start to dig up the food.

The dinner went by pretty fast and mom let me off the hook with the dishes, and I quote, "You can't work. Not until that head of yours is feeling better." Her words, not mine.

I was actually glad since my head still hurts like hell. I wanted to cry but Tylenol prevented that.

Kei helped me get upstairs since I got dizzy, while Kai helped my mom.

As we got to my room Kei immediately says, "I'm really sorry Emily."

"I'm okay. Just a little dizzy but all in all, still in one piece." I say offering a smile to one sad looking Keiran.

"Can I ask you something?" He asks.

"Go shoot."

"Am I a good kisser?" He grins at me which earned him a laugh.

"If my head clears up, you'll get your answer." I smirked.

He smiles at me and I could tell it was genuine. It didn't matter if he hated me or if people thinks he's bad news, I was witnessing another side of him no one has. And in this moment, I was set on helping him no matter how hard or how much he'd hurt me in the process. This is the Keiran I'd want to see everyday and I'm sure Kayden would agree.