Chapter 19. Feel the Fall

Emily

"Do you have a date to the Fall Dance?" Cheska asks me through the phone seeing as I got worse than I was yesterday.

Keiran got a mouthful of scolding because he made me go out, but Keiran just waved the matter off, grinning all too happily.

Too happy for my liking that is.

He probably enjoyed touching and provoking me yesterday.

Kathy told my mom and although she wanted to come home, I convinced her not to. The conferrence lasts a week, not three days as she's told me, and she won't be home till Saturday. So here I was, stuck to the bed in my room.

"It's this Friday right?" I asked as I coughed a little.

I hate when the weather changes quickly. Like the past days it's sunny but partly cloudly and now, the weather's just plain damp. It's affecting my body, hence my sickness.

"You okay? I hope you are, so we can go to the dance together." She says, her voice lacing with concern.

"Yea. Just caught a little cold. Although, if my fever doesn't go down tomorrow, I don't think I can attend the dance. But I'll try to get better so I can go to school tomorrow. I have so much work left." I say, instantly remembering the paperwork left.

"Don't worry about the paperworks. Sari and I already did that for you. Just think about getting better okay? Now go get some rest. See you when you're better!" She says before hanging up. Cheska is just so nice. Any guy would be lucky to bring her to the dance.

As for me, I doubt anyone's ever gonna ask me out.

"Emmi?" Someone, and by that I mean Kayden, calls out from outside my door.

"Come in." I answered hoarsely as my throat begins to get itchy.

He comes in and brings me in for a hug and I welcome the warmth graciously. "I hate seeing you like this." He whispers softly.

"I hate seeing me like this too." I say trying to make light of the moment.

He chuckles softly and releases me from the hug. "I'm sorry for not being there when you needed me." He looks at me with a sad expression glued to his face.

"Hey, hey. Look at me." I say bringing his face up in order for him to look at me. "It's okay." I clear my throat a little before continuing. "I'm okay, really." I say trying to convince him.

It does nothing, but nonetheless, he smiles at me faintly.

"I brought you this." He says and that's when I finally notice he had a cup of something in his hand. "Hot chocolate." He fills me in on what the contents of the cup was.

I thank him for it and grab the cup from his hands. I take a sip and instantly felt relieved at the warmth it was giving.

"So, I was thinking.." He says and I raise an eyebrow at him.

"That's new." I humour him just for the fun of it.

"I have my days." He grins. "Anyway, I was thinking, how about you and me go to the dance together once you're feeling better." He says as if hopeful.

First guy to ever ask me out. Bold.

I was practically left speechless at his words and he probably took it in the wrong way, "Or not. I'm sorry." He says feigning a ghostly smile.

"No!" I but all shout. I mentally slap myself for that and make a quick recovery before he thinks something else. "I mean, I'd love to. So let's hope I get better, yea?" I smile at him, seeing as his eyes glimmer in hope. He's too adorable for his own sake. How come he's never dated anybody else?